Open Forum

View Only

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Teaching Theatre to Students on the Spectrum

As of 2021, the CDC says one in 44 children are on the Autism Spectrum, so chances are several are going to end up in your drama class! Each person who has ASD has challenges in similar areas, but each is also unique. This on-demand training will help drama teachers identify what areas their actors on the spectrum need support with, along with ideas of how to appropriately offer that support. In addition, we will explore how to build an inclusive acting ensemble where everyone is valued and appreciated for their creativity and unique contributions.

• May 11 Registration Deadline!

Registration for ITF Thespys and college auditions ends May 11! Hard stop! No late registrations will be accepted for either program so sign up your students now.

Featured Post

• Profile Picture

Costume Question

My school is planning to do a large-scale version of A Christmas Carol, with hopes of it becoming an annual community event (in rotation with other Christmas shows). Over a period of time, we would like to purchase the necessary costumes to keep in house ...

Trending Threads

• Profile Picture

LOVE/SICK

Those of you who have done John Cariani's "Love/Sick," how did you handle the mature content? By that I mean the overtly sexual nature of a couple of the plays such as "Lunch and Dinner" and "Destiny," in particular. I am no prude but I worry about ...

• We did it in 2016 - my son was the stage manager... and it was tricky for calling cues with juggling two different scripts, since it isn't quite exactly the same. If you send me an email, I can share some files that he used that may help you to adapt ...

• Profile Picture

RE: 12 Angry Jurors

Dear David, When you produced Twelve Angry Jurors , did you wait until you cast the show to make the script changes as they relate to gender, or did you decide in advance which jurors would be which gender, change the script, and then audition for the ...

• I am following this thread. We're going to do a dinner theatre in the fall and I haven't settled on a title yet. Pioneer drama has a couple murder mystery ones that may work. ------------------------------ Amy MacCord Musical Theatre Teacher Westwood ...

• I'm in Columbus, OH and a local school completed Lion King Jr with some great puppet/costumes. They have no place to store them and would hate to just throw them out. I've attached pictures. If you are interested and can pick up, I will put you in touch ...

Latest Q&A

Please login to see all eligible question postings.

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Shared Resources