Open Forum

View Only

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Teaching Theatre to Students on the Spectrum

As of 2021, the CDC says one in 44 children are on the Autism Spectrum, so chances are several are going to end up in your drama class! Each person who has ASD has challenges in similar areas, but each is also unique. This on-demand training will help drama teachers identify what areas their actors on the spectrum need support with, along with ideas of how to appropriately offer that support. In addition, we will explore how to build an inclusive acting ensemble where everyone is valued and appreciated for their creativity and unique contributions.

• Connect with the EdTA Board: Open Meeting This Wednesday

As part of its commitment to open communication with members, EdTA’s board of directors is hosting a series of listening sessions. The last session of this school year is Wednesday, May 4 at 8 p.m. ET., and is open to any topics members wish to discuss. This is your chance to connect with the board! Sign up now and you'll receive a link for the meeting via email.

The listening session series is hosted by Duranleau-Brennan, vice president Krista Carson Elhai, and board director Erin Carr.

Featured Post

• Profile Picture

Costume Question

My school is planning to do a large-scale version of A Christmas Carol, with hopes of it becoming an annual community event (in rotation with other Christmas shows). Over a period of time, we would like to purchase the necessary costumes to keep in house ...

Trending Threads

• Hello Hans, Any chance you have a certificate for Honorary Thespians? I'm inducting two tonight and would love to have something to hand out to them. :) ------------------------------ Kristina Cummins Theatre Teacher, Capital High School Co-Chapter ...

• As the school year comes to a close and summer is upon us my sage advice is very simple – Feed Your Soul! Take some time this summer that is very selfishly just for YOU. You give so much of yourself to others and it has been a pretty tumultuous couple ...

• Thanks for the feedback on Grease. Barring any Covid bumps in the road, I think we could definitely make the expense worth it. It sounds like your community responds well to the same kinds of shows my community does. I appreciate your honesty about what ...

• I'll look into that one. Thank you! I tend to forget to look at Pioneer since our district hasn't done a lot of their shows. Great reminder! ------------------------------ Carla ------------------------------

• Hello! I tried to post some suggestions earlier but it looks like the info was cut off. I'll try again. :) Lauren Gunderson has a trilogy of sorts of "Christmas at Pemberley" shows, all inspired by the characters from Pride and Prejudice: Miss Bennet: ...

Latest Q&A

Please login to see all eligible question postings.

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Shared Resources