Open Forum

View Only

changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

• 1.  changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-05-2020 15:40
    So we began to rehearse our shrek junior production for elementary grades K-4 and there has been some backlash from the teachers and parents to certain words in the script that they want changed.  example pinocchio shouldnt say "this sucks pine sap" and change to this stinks pine sap, they want the line "biopolar" replaced to bewildered and it goes on and on, I have a long list.  We gave the scripts out back in December and it became an issue 4 weeks into rehearsal which I dont quite get, no parent or school administrator ever looked at the scripts.  Now they want all these changes even after MTI said no, and I feel like censoring the script loses its value and what message it is sending the kids.
    anyone else ever experience this.

------------------------------
    Kristen Nields
    royersfrod PA

• 2.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 06:05
    I never have this problem because I teach the students, parents, and administrators that it violates our contract to do so.

When I feel a script change is needed I contact the licensing company- usually before selecting the show- and share their decision with students, parents, and administrators.

Those lines are someone’s artistic property. It’s important your community understands this.

Becky Beth Benedict
    Actor/Director/Theatre Educator
    (860)490-6625
    Beckybeth@juno.com
    Twitter: BeckyBethB

• 3.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 06:54
    Explain what Becky said.  Tell them you can't change the script and they'll need to accept it as it is, or cancel your production.  Hopefully, you sell this as opportunity to teach and they accept the lines the way they are.  

That being said, you just posted, on a public forum that many writers and MTI monitor, that you want to change lines without permission.  Whatever your thoughts were before, do NOT do it now.

Nathan Shewell
    Theatre Arts Director
    INDIANAPOLIS IN

• 4.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 07:34
    Also, let them know that if MTI catches you violating your contract, you will likely be restricted from licensing another MTI show for the foreseeable future, which would severely limit your show selection going forward. Additionally, the school could be subject to legal action.

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA

• 5.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 08:26
    It's cut and dried.  You entered into a legal contract with MTI which clearly states you will not change anything, ANYTHING, without permission.  You asked permission and MTI said no, so you cannot change anything without breaking that legal contract.  If you do, you are sending the message to everyone involved that contracts mean nothing and neither does your artistic integrity.  Additionally, this could open your school up to fines and/or legal action.  Take this opportunity to educate all involved about the important laws and protective practices surrounding artist's work.   

Amy Learn
    Ballwin MO

• 6.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 08:45
    Pretty much need to echo what everyone else has said at this point.  You signed a contract; you either need to keep the language in tact or cancel the show if MTI refuses your request.  
    I've got a lot of oversight from my county.  I can't do a show that my admin team hasn't approved the script for.  Also, any contract I have to sign for rights and royalties has to be reviewed and signed off on by the county attorneys.  All told, it adds about a month to my selection process, but it also protects me from any possible blow back from outside sources.  
    I hope you can get things cleared up and are able to continue with the show!

Robert Ellis
    Theater I-IV Honors
    Visual & Performing Arts Department Lead
    Cosby High School
    Midlothian, VA

• 7.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 08:51
    Yikes!  Can you make a case to administration?  If MTI said no to the changes your choices are do the show as written or cancel the production.  Both have consequences.  Do the show and either they will relax and enjoy the production and its message and/or never trust you again.  Cancel the production and you are out quite a bit of money and have disappointed kids.  The tightrope to walk is along the lines of kids talk like this so it didn't seem to be an issue and when MTI was asked for permission to change items, they said no.  You almost most need to give admin a script and wash your hands of the decision.
    Not a pleasant predicament.
    Good luck.

[William] [Myatt] [Director of Theatre]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 8.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 10:20

Thank you everyone for the responses I am actually overwhelmed with the support. 
    they had a meeting with the principal of the school and she was contacted by MTI saying no changes however she does not agree.
    this was the response from the principal of the school and I don't know how to respond to these actions if anyone has any advice on path forward would be greatly appreciated.

UPE CMT Program directors and staff,

Thank you to everyone who was able to join the call or be in my office this afternoon for this discussion.

1. The changes to the script stand firm and are not negotiable.

1. The show is vulnerable without backups for major roles. Double casting for major roles must take place. Sam Frenkel and Kiera Phillips will take the lead with these decisions.   The directors have been charged with this task and the communications must be out by Tuesday, Feb. 11th.

1. Sensitivity will be respected to the parent group as they have received many mixed messages over the casting and script.  Kiera and Sam will take the lead on communication approvals.

1. The offensive language or undertones that were removed from the script, unfortunately, have been practiced by the cast.  The directors, parents, and staff will work diligently to ensure that all children learn and respect the replacement words.  Use of the prior terms during an audience based performance will potentially compromise that student's continuation in the production. 

1. The use of the behavior contract is imperative.  There are 10 outstanding students without signed contracts.  As of Tuesday, Feb. 11th.  If we do not have these on file, the student will be excluded from practice until the form is agreed to and returned to the directors  Signatures from both parent and child are required.

I appreciate all the time and consideration that were taken to arrive at these agreements.

Our collective goal is that our students involved with this show have a valuable, positive experience with UPE CMT.

Kristen Nields
    royersfrod PA

• 9.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 09:26
    You shared the script. You did your job, and the admin didn't. Now I would ask the administrator to accept responsibility for deciding how to move forward. You can't violate your contract.

Barb Lachman
    Drama Director (former)
    Shoreline WA

• 10.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 09:51
    1) You can't change it. MTI has said no. Period.

2) It won't be as bad as your administration thinks. It would actually stand out more WITH the changes. Admin should be willing and prepared to assuage the concerns of a conservative parent. 

3) If the parents have allowed their kids to watch the movie, they have no leg to stand on. There's far more adult humor in the films than there is in the musical, especially the JR. version.

4) Your admin should learn from this the importance of vetting your material in advance. If they green-lighted the show without previewing the material, and THEN get a backlash, that's on them, not you. 

5) Hopefully you can communicate this to the involved people calmly and professionally. It's easy to be triggered by this issue (I definitely am). Don't let yourself get provoked. Just be clear and straightforward about what's possible (doing or canceling the show) and what is not (changing the script without permission).

Josh Kauffman
    Teacher, Thespian Society/Drama Club sponsor
    Winfield City Schools
    Winfield, AL

• 11.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 10:22
    Thanks for your response this was the response from the principal of the school I have no words and as the founder and director of the program don't know what path to take forward

UPE CMT Program directors and staff,

Thank you to everyone who was able to join the call or be in my office this afternoon for this discussion.

1. The changes to the script stand firm and are not negotiable.

1. The show is vulnerable without backups for major roles. Double casting for major roles must take place. Sam Frenkel and Kiera Phillips will take the lead with these decisions.   The directors have been charged with this task and the communications must be out by Tuesday, Feb. 11th.

1. Sensitivity will be respected to the parent group as they have received many mixed messages over the casting and script.  Kiera and Sam will take the lead on communication approvals.

1. The offensive language or undertones that were removed from the script, unfortunately, have been practiced by the cast.  The directors, parents, and staff will work diligently to ensure that all children learn and respect the replacement words.  Use of the prior terms during an audience based performance will potentially compromise that student's continuation in the production. 

1. The use of the behavior contract is imperative.  There are 10 outstanding students without signed contracts.  As of Tuesday, Feb. 11th.  If we do not have these on file, the student will be excluded from practice until the form is agreed to and returned to the directors  Signatures from both parent and child are required.

I appreciate all the time and consideration that were taken to arrive at these agreements.

Our collective goal is that our students involved with this show have a valuable, positive experience with UPE CMT.

Kristen Nields
    royersfrod PA

• 12.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 10:34
    At this point, I think the people responsible for moving forward are your principal and the person at MTI. If they have already met, and your principal is going to choose to violate the contract that YOU signed, they are opening up YOU and your school/district to legal action. 

Wow.

Barb Lachman
    Drama Director (former)
    Shoreline WA

• 13.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 10:51
    I would forward the response from your Administration to MTI.  If you signed the contract, I would seek legal counsel as to your personal vulnerability/liability. Hopefully, it won't come to that but, Shrek is a big show with a big corporation behind it that will take violations of their performance contracts seriously.  Your Admin cannot legally trump the contract just by saying so - "the changes to the script stand firm and are non negotiable" won't fly legally when MTI has said changing the script is not approved.

Amy Learn
    Ballwin MO

• 14.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 06:36
    Is your resume up to date?

• 15.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 11:32
    It's also illegal. I would highlight the language in your contract that says you cannot change the script without approval, and then attach your correspondence with MTI forbidding the changes. Give that to your principal and explain how this could result in the school being in legal/financial jeopardy. 

--
    Mr. Benjamin Cossitor
    English/Gifted Support/Drama
    Altoona Area High School
    1415 6th Ave
    Altoona, PA 16602
    (814) 505-1510 ext. 8822

• 16.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 11:41
    The principal has the contract and also the written response from MTI stating they will not make any line changes or accept any deletions.  The principal also asked if the kids version had the same language with the thought to change to the other script but it has the same language.  So the principal after MTI said no changes responded via email to all the directors and did not respond to MTI. The principal emailed us that "the changes in the the script stand firm and are not negotiable." 

I feel like I am in a tough spot now as the director and founder of the program.  I do not want to contact MTI but I dont understand a principal of a school going against a legally bound contract.

Kristen Nields
    royersfrod PA

• 17.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 12:19
    So you've pointed out to the principal that you have a contract that prohibits changes to the text, and you have also asked for - and have been denied - permission to make changes, and still the principal insists that the changes be made.  Have you mentioned to your principal the penalty for copyright infringement?  Courts may impose statutory damages of up to $150,000 for this, and in the case of licensed theatrical performances, that usually means per performance.  If, for example, you were doing three performances of the show, your organization would be liable for up to $450,000 in fines for violating the contract.  And yes, high-school and middle-school groups do sometimes get caught for copyright infringement.  Is your principal willing to foot the bill for such fines, should they be imposed?

Jeff Grove
    Theatre Teacher, Aesthetics Department Chair
    Stanton College Preparatory School
    Jacksonville FL

• 18.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 12:29
    Wow.  I can't believe that not only would your principal knowingly break the law, but would actually put it into print.  

The hothead in me wants to say you should threaten to send both the letter from the principal and from MTI to the local news and see how that goes.  But honestly, if I were in your situation, I would quit as the director.  I would make it very clear to everyone involved that you are being told to break the law and you can't do it.  If the school insists on continuing, you can't be a part of it.

While you don't want to create a hostile environment for future productions, there is also a precedent here about legal actions.  Will they tell you to start printing script copies off the internet next rather than purchasing them?  What about the message to the students and their parents?  It's ok to cheat?  Contracts don't matter, so should teachers start making up their own hours to work if it's more convenient for them?  Such hypocrisy.  (And as someone else pointed out, I'm sure they've all seen the movie which has language like "damn," "ass," and "crap."

I'd have a hard time backing down from this, but I feel sympathy for you.  It's hard to fight with administration because they can sometimes hold grudges for a long time.

Chad Gifford
    Director of Theatre
    Minot ND

• 19.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 08:42
    This is crazy! Does your school district have a legal counsel? Send all the paper trail to them or the superintendent. And find a job in a school with more integrity and common sense.

Sent from my iPhone

• 20.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-06-2020 12:25
    Dear Kristen,

I had a very similar incident involving the play Brighton Beach Memoirs.  We were ten days from opening when an edict came down from the district administration that the scene where the brothers talk about masturbation must be cut.  This was not possible because of the contract we had with Samuel French.  We ended up cancelling the play.  

I was very clear with the students why the play was cancelled, and we had a great discussion about contracts, honesty, production rights and censorship.  

Producing the play with the cuts, in violation of your contract, sends the wrong message to your students.  Cancelling the play and letting the students know why, while it may hurt emotionally, does send a message of responsibility and honesty.  Also let the students know exactly why the play was cancelled.

Best of luck with your future productions.

Best,

Mack

--
    Mack Dugger
    Teacher
    Department of Teaching and Learning
    Pacific Avenue Education Center
    440 W. Lomita Ave., Glendale, CA 91204
    "Totus Mundus agit historionem"
    Bravo award winning Teacher
    Kennedy Center Creative Ticket Award
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

• 21.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 06:37
    Lots of great information in the replies, have you spoken with the Superintendent and school board and brought the information to them, I not being a teacher , integrally could not continue with the play, legality has it's ramifications. I would write a letter and send it to everyone on what is happening and include all documentation/correspondence. It is sad that the students will suffer should the production be cancelled. I have had to notify governing boards to look into royalties for the same reasons.

I wish you strength and luck in your path.

Jerry Onik
    V.P. Theatrical Supplies and Equipment
    Omaha NE

• 22.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 06:50
    Wow.  Sorry you have to deal with this.  

Keep in mind though, as Nathan said above, given who we've seen in these forums over the years, you don't need to send the principal's letter to MTI because they very likely have already seen it since you posted it.  I would distance myself from the decision/show as much as possible.  As Chad said, it may be time to quit.

The fact that they are requiring you to break the law is telling.  Do you have an admin that is above the principal that you can talk to?  They likely don't want to be on the hook for the legal ramifications.

Christopher Sheldon
    Performing Arts Teacher
    Bancroft School
    Worcester MA

• 23.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 08:48

My school is an ULTRA CONSERVATIVE area. I wanted to stage Arsenic and Old Lace. As you likely know, there are about 20 lines in the three act play involving mostly "hell", a couple of "damns", and a couple of "G*d" instances. I consulted my principal at the time (now superintendent) because he has oversight when it comes to approval of productions for staging. I typed up a letter. He took it to our board. They didn't understand why I couldn't just change the language. I tried to explain to one of the board members (who also happens to be my cousin) why, she refused to listen.

After the initial discussion, Dramatists had a representative who originally said we could change the "curses". I thought I had cleared all the hurdles, signed the contract, sent the P.O., all of it. We had auditions and started rehearsals.

Two weeks in, that girl's boss e-mailed me and said it was a "classic play" that had been produced by many schools as written over the years and they could not make a language exception for us. The board at that point denied us the right to do the show.

When I told my kids, they were livid. Some of them and/or their parents started calling board members. My principal called me in to see if I had incited a riot. I told him I hadn't. We had a meeting that afternoon about the cancellation of the show with him, me, and the school counselor. It broke my heart. That was my first play attempt where I am which is also my Alma Mater. This decision has made my job infinitely harder when it comes to selecting shows we can do.

I have been waiting for a complete turnover of the board to try to go in and educate them about why you cannot just change words. My public was looking forward to Arsenic, but if the district tells you language must be changed and the licensing house says no - you pretty much have no choice left but to cancel the show.

Jennifer Vernon
    Piggott, AR

• 24.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 09:08
    I would encourage you to work with union representation here, as your superior cannot coerce you to break the law. Don't break the contract, you just can't do that. I would think that you have no choice but to cancel the production. But you should still be compensated for your work, and not be reprimanded for doing the right thing.

Rebecca Black
    Teacher/Director
    Wayland MI

• 25.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 10:25
    I can't really add anything more than what's been said. In our contracts with MTI, we are told that we have to hold 2 seats for every production. Now that this question is public, there's a chance that they could show up, and the repercussions could possibly extend beyond this production. What is your role at the school? Are you a teacher? If so, do you have a union? It might not hurt to give them a heads up about this, as it sounds like it might be getting contentious.

Jodi Disario
    Director of Drama
    Willow Glen High School
    San Jose, CA

• 26.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 10:47
    I am not a teacher at the school I am a parent of two children that attend there and founded the program 3 years ago ( lion king , and Annie) previous 2 years.
    This would be our third production.
    I co director and choreographer with two of my friends that have no kids at the school but having been doing theater +20 years they music direct and direct.
    The principal and teachers have inserted themselves to make the changes in the script. Contacted us to make the changes and we contacted MTI. MTI said no. The school administration said they don’t care changes are as stands, and now want to double cast my son who was cast as Shrek by not me but the director and double cast Fiona. Which makes no sense.
    Because an email was sent to the principal by my sons stepfather very diplomatic and asked why are you choosing to cut lines without the proper channel approval.
    She did not respond to his email held a meeting with two school admins, one of the directors and I was at work and asked to join but could not attend. As a result of the meeting g was the changes to script stand and now shrek and Fiona need to be double cast, mid production with valid reasoning.
    Now I am stuck in the middle of everything I don’t want the kids to suffer I started this program to bring joy to kids and performing arts to an area where it seemed non existent.
    Friends have told me to contact the superintendent of the school. But I want to the program to try to continue with proper management

Sent from my iPhone

• 27.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 11:09
    From what I've read above (and I may be wrong), it seems you have put yourself between MTI and your admin. Not a good place to be. If you haven't already done so, I would suggest contacting MTI and having them send a letter to the admin. Maybe they need a wake-up call. And as someone else said, it may be time to look for another school.

George F. Ledo
    Set designer
    www.setdesignandtech.wordpress.com
    www.georgefledo.net

• 28.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 11:14

Wow. As others have said, don't do the show with the changes, as you'd knowingly be violating the law. As it is, while I'm not an attorney, the principal's position could leave them personally exposed. Certainly the school will be, especially since MTI's position has been made clear.

I think it's important to let the superintendent know, as I doubt any superintendent (or school board) would be amenable to a subordinate knowingly violating the law and exposing the district to legal action.

Unfortunately, the kids are probably going to suffer here because of the adults. I hope the program survives, but it's important that everyone obey the law and understand the importance of respecting the copyright of the creators of the work. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Dorf
    Playwright/ Co-founder of YouthPLAYS/ Co-chair of The Alliance Of Los Angeles Playwrights
    Los Angeles CA

• 29.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 11:28

I would definitely contact the superintendent. It is time to do it, in my opinion. Clearly express you are trying to prevent the district from experiencing legal repercussions, fines, and headaches that can simply be avoided by staying true to the terms of your legally binding contract.

By the way, is your name the only one on that contract, or did admin sign off on it as well? If it is just yours, I would explain what the ramifications for you would be if you did as the admin instructs you to do.

Ethical behavior does not allow us to break contracts. In my state we have a code of ethics for educators (I know you expressed you are a parent) that says we follow the letter of the law. The contract is a legally binding document. Breaking it, in my evaluation, would be a violation of the code the state has set for our teachers. Breaking the code could cost us our license to teach if an investigation was held and we were found guilty. That is usually part of my response as to why we can't just change this word or that one in addition to IT'S ILLEGAL TO DO SO! PLAYS ARE COPYRIGHTED WORKS!

If the superintendent backs you, then I would likely give the parents of the children who are concerned the option of withdrawing their students from the show if it runs without changes (IF you can do that. I know it will depend on roles and when you open.).

Personally, I worry about what precedent this may set for your upcoming productions (as Arsenic has mine). If the higher ups do not support your side of the issue, the show must be cancelled, in my opinion.

Jennifer M. Vernon, NBCT - AYA English Language Arts
    English, drama, speech, and journalism instructor
    Piggott High School
    Piggott, AR

• 30.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 11:53
    I would cancel the production. Find an alternate performance venue not on school grounds, and invite the students to participate in a newly mounted production, while making clear that this is no longer a school-related production. I don't know what to tell you about rehearsing, since I'd guess you're probably rehearsing at school, after school. Perhaps you could rent the space from the school for rehearsal (or do what any other group like girl scouts does). If that's not viable, cancel it, and let everyone know why. Since no one is employed with the district, I would say it's time to involve the school board, superintendent, AND the media. It is absolutely not worth violating a contract that you signed. Since you're not employed by the school, and the school doesn't seem to be paying for the production, since they didn't sign the contract, the principal has no grounds/authority here, to be honest.

Julie Ann Hawk
    Theatre Director, Troupe 2259
    Eleanor Roosevelt High School
    Greenbelt, Maryland

• 31.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-07-2020 11:54
    And I have canceled a performance for similar admin-related reasons. If you know better, you do better, and let the person who is in the wrong deal with the fall-out.

Julie Ann Hawk
    Theatre Director, Troupe 2259
    Eleanor Roosevelt High School
    Greenbelt, Maryland

• 32.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-08-2020 00:32
    Update The principal sent me an email five minutes before sending out a mass email to everyone that the show was being cancelled to irreconcilable differences.

Sent from my iPhone

• 33.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-08-2020 05:57
    It's probably for the best. But I wonder how you move forward from this. How is this relationship salvageable? Your principal seems to be impervious to reason and logic. I don't know how you can work artistically in the environment they have created. I am so very sorry this has happened to you and I wish I had better advice. But maybe it's time to find a school that better suits the needs of your children.

• 34.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-08-2020 06:04
    "irreconcilable differences"? Sounds like the principal wants you to share the blame. 
    Make sure the whole story is told. 

• 35.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-08-2020 11:52
    Ah yes, the old irreconcilable differences where one of you wants to break the law and the other won't let them. This principal sounds like a piece of work. It's hard to imagine that someone with those ethics should be placed in charge of children. As Bill said, don't let the principal saddle you with co-equal blame here. Good luck--I'm sorry this happened to you, but glad that you stuck to your guns.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Dorf
    Playwright/ Co-founder of YouthPLAYS/ Co-chair of The Alliance Of Los Angeles Playwrights
    Los Angeles CA

• 36.  RE: changing script lines in shrek junior w/o permission

Posted 02-08-2020 23:05
    Hey, Kristen!

I think it's time to change principals.

As far as I can tell, you are working as a volunteer, and should be honored for that service, but the principal is bullying you with an intent to force you to violate contract law. And then pretending that you are both somehow equally at fault. 

Were I a superintendent of schools, I'd want to know that one of my principals was promoting illegal behavior and bullying others into carrying out his intentions to violate the law, and ruining what should have been a positive experience for the students. I'd collect the entire paper trail (including some of the commentary from this thread), and send it, as a packet, to the superintendent. (Mail it anonymously if you're afraid of personal confrontation... though taking your own personal stand would carry more weight.)

Given that the principal has now "taken his ball and gone home," it sounds like there's not likely going to be a theatre program under this guy (at least not one with any integrity). 

Of course, it's possible that the principal was acting under the full knowledge and direction of the superintendent. In which case, it's THAT guy who needs to know the nature of what is meant by "a contract," and how dangerously close they came to serious liability.

Finally, I am saying this not knowing whether there is some repercussion that can swing back around and impact your kids. I understand that they come first.

In which case, the next step is to start your own community theatre, where they have no say in your choices.

Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com