Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  One-Act for 5 Actresses, 2 Actors

Posted 05-15-2019 06:08

Greetings, fellow Theatre Teachers,
    I am looking for a one-act that has 5 complex or substantive roles for actresses and 2 complex or substantive roles for actors. Next year I will have this combination of students performing in our school's one-act, and I would really like to find a play that challenges each and every one of them. So far, I have read a lot of one-acts that have the opposite combination: 5 males and 2 females; or else really great roles for 2 females and 1 male. But I am trying to find something for all of them.
    Thank you very much for any ideas you may have.
    Sincerely,
    Hanna Rahilly
    --
    Hanna Rahilly, MFA
    English and Theatre Teacher
    William Monroe High School
    "We must all do theatre, to find out who we are, and to discover who we could become." --Augusto Boal

• 2.  RE: One-Act for 5 Actresses, 2 Actors

Posted 05-15-2019 09:30
    Women of Lockerbie! A beautiful play about grief. It's for 5w 2m, though you could add more women to it if needed (we didn't). Everyone gets a chance to shine and there's a lot to dig into and a lot that could be researched - and a lot of character building that can be done. There are 50 minute and 40 minute versions available.  The cast loved the play and their characters. Plus, there's a lot you can do with staging, sound and lighting. It was a fantastic experience for everyone involved!

------------------------------
    Ken Buswell
    Drama Teacher
    Peachtree City, GA
    http://mcintoshtheater.org/

Theater kills ignorance

• 3.  RE: One-Act for 5 Actresses, 2 Actors

Posted 06-26-2019 17:14
    Failure: A Love Story would be perfect for you!  I did it for One Act Competition a few years ago and it went really well.  Emailed w/ the playwright directly about cutting requests.

Rachel Brady
    Theatre Teacher and Outreach Coordinator
    Performing Institute of Minnesota
    Eden Prairie MN

• 4.  RE: One-Act for 5 Actresses, 2 Actors

Posted 05-12-2021 06:14
    Hi Rachel,
    I am thinking about directing to direct Failure: A Love Story.  How many students did you cast?
    Tracey Buot
    Director of Theatre
    St. Pius X Catholic High School
    Atlanta, Georgia