Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Documentation of the WHY?!?!?

Posted 09-08-2021 13:43

Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for the documentation that we used to have that showed school admin why allowing us to go to the national conference was a benefit. I can't seem to find it.

Can anyone point me to the location of that document? My principal needs it to submit for my PD day.
    Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Mary Jones
    Drama teacher

• 2.  RE: Documentation of the WHY?!?!?

Posted 09-09-2021 08:36
    Mary- I don't have an answer to your question but I want to point out the absurdity of a supervisor asking a professional drama/theatre educator to prove the benefit of attending a national conference.  Explicit in the phrase "national conference" is the knowledge that you would connect with colleagues from around the country to share successes and failures, focus on best practices, get ideas to grow your during-the-school-day and/or after-school arts programming and learn about new ideas for curriculum planning, program management, SEL, UDL (etc.) from an impressive group of arts professionals.   I think it is very disappointing that your school administrator does not trust you to know what you need for your own professional development!

Joanna Lewton
    Arts Director
    Capital City Public Charter School
    Washington DC

• 3.  RE: Documentation of the WHY?!?!?

Posted 09-09-2021 09:42
      |   view attached
    Hi Mary,

Thanks for your question! Attached is the document I believe you're looking for.  Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Elizabeth Young
    Events Director
    Educational Theatre Association

Attachment(s)