Home

Browse the Community

• Hi Kate, I'm Cathy writing in from Wisconsin. I found your props list here and I appreciate that you posted it. We are putting up this show in April and this will give our properties designer such a leg up! Thank you for sharing, Cathy ------------------------------ CATHY DALY --------------------- read more

• Discussion

Did you ever get a Musical Theater course UC A-G approved? I'm working on writing this course right now and I'd rather not re-invent the wheel. Or does anyone have this to share? There is a file under shared resources, but my computer can't open the document for some reason. Thanks to anyone who can read more

• RE: Teaching responsibilities

Discussion

Kristin, as others have said, this is a pretty typical load--except for that department chair responsibility. That is the duty you might drop. I have trouble believing that you are in that position as a 2nd-year teacher. (Did other fine arts teachers not want to attend the meetings?) I recommend that read more

• ------------------------------ Christopher Piner Drama Teacher/director Uintah High School UT ------------------------------

• Discussion

I recently discovered a great new play, Alabama Story, by Kenneth Jones. It was just published by Dramatists (now Broadway Licensing). It involves censoring a children's book called The Rabbits' Wedding (a story of a marriage between a black and a white rabbit - you can imagine the "fireworks"). The read more

• Discussion

Both versions of "She Kills Monsters" are strong candidates. While I would love to do the "adult" version again, the parents and other members of my audience wouldn't handle it. I also do combat (swords and hand-to-hand) with most Shakespeare dramas: R&J, Richard III, and Henry V have all worked out read more

• RE: Upper level Courses

Discussion

Hi Blake, This does seem like a conundrum, but wanted to say your program seems really strong! Just a thought, but could it be a matter of a scheduling issue? Sometimes upper level students have to choose between being in music ensembles and the theatre courses, or perhaps an AP/IB elective? I wish it read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Creative Chaos: Student Voice & Choice in the Theatre Classroom

In this webinar, presenter Jessica Shaw explores multiple theatre projects that emphasize student voice and choice while aligning to national standards. These projects are designed to be flexible, easily adaptable to any teaching environment and theatre program. Attendees will receive curriculum resources and an overview of the process for developing student-centered project-based curriculum.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

• Important Arts Survey

The Educational Theatre Association is collaborating with The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) , the NAMM Foundation,  the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO), and the National Art Education Association (NAEA) to collect data about the use of federal funds to support theatre, dance, music, media arts and visual arts in K-12 education. The hope is to gather district and/or state level responses from all fifty states, so that our organizations can illuminate the amazing work our educators do every day.  We would love to be able to share success stories in our communications, share best practices with our members about how to access these funds, and include the information in our advocacy materials.  The survey will take you about 20 minutes, and for some questions, may require that you reach out to whomever oversees federal programs and funding in your district.  These may be among the most important 20 minutes you spend in the next few days, helping us capture the power of data to advocate for theatre education.   Please take a few moments to help.  
      The survey can be accessed here:  

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XZ8FV8W

The suvey closes soon- it only remains open until  DECEMBER 2nd 

Thank you for participating and spreading the word!

Cory Wilkerson, Education Director 

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.