Home

Browse the Community

• Regional ThesFests

Discussion

Hello, I have been trying to find out if there are any regional Thespian Festivals happening in my state this year. Anyone holding one? I have reached out to EdTA and my regional director, but have not heard back. Thanks! -- Jennifer JordanDirector of Theater & Dance11th Grade Class CoordinatorDay read more

• RE: Connecting to ITS

Discussion

Good morning! I have been having the same difficulty. I went through the process of inducting 17 new Jr. Thespian Members (and paying for them) on June 26th. I have not received my materials yet. I was finally able to reach someone in early September who let me know that they were short staffed and induction read more

• Smoke Machine/fire warden

Discussion

Hi, I'm based in NYC and we don't have a tech director at our school. We want to use a smoke machine for our upcoming production but I'm pretty sure we need a fire warden to disable the fire alarm and be present for the production and then reenable the fire alarm panel once clear. Anyone know about read more

• RE: Stagelam Stage Floor

Discussion

Most people don't understand 'masonite' stage floors. For starters, Masonite Corporation has not made 'masonite' hardboard for about 20 years now. The correct term is 'tempered pressboard' and there are five grades of the material. You can find the ANSI A135.4 specifications here: https://www.stimsonlumber.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/ANSI-Standard-A135-4-Basic_HB-2012-FINAL.pdf read more

• RE: Mics and lights

Discussion

To respond to Ken Buswell's comment. ETC is not currently doing the $250 Package, they are having issues making the Gadget II units, they are currently selling the dongle for a cost of $ 200.00, then an aftermarket USB to DMX interface can be added at an additional charge ------------------------------ read more

Discussion

For controlling the lights, the best cheap option is probably a Nomad system from ETC, which runs on a PC. It's $250 for educational use. It runs the same software as their boards. ------------------------------ Ken Buswell Drama Teacher Peachtree City, GA http://mcintoshtheater.org/ Theater kills read more

Discussion

Ernesto Thanks for reaching out . Thanks to Jerry and Bruce for the shout out. I replied to you email yesterday, but thought I would put out some thoughts for the group similar to those I sent to you. Please avoid off brands - especially no name ones from companies that are not really involved in read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

• Profile Picture

RE: Belt Packs

Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Apply Now: ITF 2023 Main Stage Adjudications!

Applications are now being accepted for the International Thespian Festival's 2023 Main Stage Adjudication. The application window will be open until October 15, 2022.

The International Thespian Festival’s (ITF) main stage program honors students, teachers, and school theatre programs by showcasing their superior work in theatrical production on the largest of stages – in front of thousands of fellow Thespians and theatre educators at the annual event on the campus of Indiana University.

During the 2022-2023 academic year, Thespian troupes may have one of their live, full-length productions (a play or a musical) adjudicated for constructive feedback and the chance to be invited to perform on the main stage at ITF. Any Thespian troupe in good standing is eligible for main stage adjudication. To be eligible for ITF 2023, productions must be staged between September 1, 2022 - February 15, 2023.

Learn More and Submit an Application Today!
      ​​

• Theatre Education Conference Registration Deadline Extended!

Hi, everyone!

Theatre Education Conference is making its in-person return in sunny Los Angeles in just over a month, and the registration deadline has been extended to September 5, 2022! (Payment must be received by September 28, 2022.)

Check out some of the amazing programming and fun experiences that Conference has to offer:

Click here to register today!

If you have any questions about Theatre Education Conference, please emails us at events@schooltheatre.org.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.