Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

Hi, Earlier today, someone was seeking guidance about building some common scenic elements. I happily offered up Technical Theatre Educator's Manual, that is available to all EdTA professional members. https://learn.schooltheatre.org/technical-theatre-educators-manual Topics include: 00 The read more

• RE: Basic set pieces

Discussion

I nearly forgot, there are good resources in the Technical Theatre Educators Manual https://learn.schooltheatre.org/technical-theatre-educators-manual ------------------------------ Dana Taylor Educational Consultant www.techtheatre4teachers.com Evansville, IN ------------------------------

Library Entry

Discussion

Hi, Here is an article I wrote on building cubes. Thanks, Dana ------------------------------ Dana Taylor Educational Consultant www.techtheatre4teachers.com Evansville, IN ------------------------------

• Classroom Design

Discussion

Hello! My school is beginning to make plans for a new Fine Arts building and they have asked for ideas/suggestions from teachers for individual classrooms. I have a general idea of my needs, but I was curious if any other theatre educators had classroom designs/aspects/elements they have found to work read more

• Basic set pieces

Discussion

Hello Hive Mind! We have a new construction tech class and I would like to partner with them to make some basic set pieces: benches, blocks, etc. Does anyone have patterns for these? What would you suggest we make? I'm also thinking of having them create a large set piece that would be a high platform read more

• Discussion

Hello, Canadian playwright Janet Munsil has a great script for Pride and Prejudice. It is very true to the book, but it still moves, never getting bogged down. Strongly recommend this adaptation. ------------------------------ Joshua Casburn Batavia High School IL ------------------------------

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Webinar – Season Planning: How to Strategically Plan your Season by Engaging your Community

In this on-demand webinar, presenter Krista Carson Elhai will start by walking you through how to conduct an analysis of your program – what’s working, what makes money, what brings in a large audience, and how do you connect your program with your community. Then the session will look at how the design of your season can fulfill many of your goals. Participants will walk away with a blueprint for getting community buy in to your theatre program to take your program to the next level.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/season-planning-how-to-strategically-plan-your-season-by-engaging-your-community

• Registration is open for the Theatre Education Conference

We are excited to welcome theatre educators to Minneapolis, MN, September 26-29 for TEC 2024!

Register by May 1 for the best pricing.

Attending the International Thespian Festival (ITF) this June? Add on the Theatre Education Conference when you register for ITF to save another $100 off registration fees.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.