Home

Browse the Community

• RE: Classroom Design

Discussion

I second the comment about reviewing the plans to make sure that duct work is not placed inappropriately! I have seen this happen more than once! Also, make sure it's easy to change out the lamps in the fixtures without having to rent a specialized lift! ------------------------------ Kirk Longhofer read more

• 2024 International Thespian Festival Registration for ITF closes May 1! There is no late registration period. If you plan on attending ITF, do not procrastinate on registering . The registration process requires gathering several data points for each attendee, so the process becomes more time-consuming read more

• Discussion

One of my personal favorites is Alice@Wonderland, by Jonathan Yukich. There are lots of great roles and the kids love it! ------------------------------ Christa Danner Speech and Drama Blue Valley Middle School Stilwell, KS ------------------------------

• Discussion

I'll throw out that in my theatre classroom I have rolling desk chairs, and we love them. We circle up with them for reading or discussion, and then they push back easily for movement work. They also fold up a bit and nest if you need to get them out of the way. The only think I wish is that we'd gotten read more

• Discussion

Following. I love to find solid, smart comedies. My contribution is Kate Hamill's Sense and Sensibility. So much fun, but I think you need at least 3-4 guys. ------------------------------ Cassy Maxton-Whitacre Theatre, Film, and Communications Instructor Shenandoah Valley Governor's School Fishersville, read more

• Discussion

Join us Wednesday, April 24, at 6 pm Eastern / 5 pm Central / 4 pm Mountain / 3 pm Pacific! Members of the Disney Live Entertainment team will introduce and and answer questions about this year's reimagined version of the classic Tech Challenge, specifically intended to elevate the roles of backstage-oriented read more

• Reminder: the due date for qualified Thespy finalists to apply for scholarship opportunities is April 30! Learn more about available opportunities and how to apply here. Students do not need to attend ITF to receive a scholarship. These opportunities are available to all students who received read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• ITF Registration and TEC Early-Bird Pricing Close May 1

2024 International Thespian Festival

Registration for ITF closes May 1! There is no late registration period. If you plan on attending ITF, do not procrastinate on registering. The registration process requires gathering several data points for each attendee, so the process becomes more time-consuming for larger groups.

For more information on how to register, read our ITF Registration Guide.

2024 Theatre Education Conference

Early-bird pricing ends May 1. Mark your calendar for TEC 2024 and register before prices increase! Educators seeking approval to attend from their administration can download our justification letter template.

Any questions can be directed to events@schooltheatre.org. We look forward to seeing you there!

• Scholarship Money for Thespy Finalists! (ITF Attendance Not Required)

Qualified Thespy finalists are eligible to apply for specific Thespy-related scholarships. Any student who received a superior overall rating in their chapter qualifying event and is eligible for the final round of Thespy adjudication may apply. Applications are due April 30, 2024.

Students do not need to attend ITF to apply for or receive a scholarship.

Learn more and apply here!

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.