Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

Hi all, I'm on the hunt for next year's show. The students have expressed an interest in doing something about pirates, but they'd also be open to steampunk or other fun adventure genres. I should have 15-20 students, so flexible casting and opportunities for creative staging would be great. Also swordfighting. read more

• RE: Licensing timeline

Discussion

Hi Amanda, Thank you for sharing these thoughts. We hear your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience. While many shows in our catalogue license automatically, others require additional clearances from the rightsholders due to things like location or other title-specific factors. Applications read more

• RE: Licensing timeline

Discussion

My experience with Concord is that they are pretty quick; I've never gotten a no. The only issue is if a professional production is happening close by - then they usually get preference to have you not compete with them. I think the six weeks is just a standard email, but I usually hear within a week read more

• Discussion

Join Kristi Ross-Clausen and Dana Taylor as they explore The BACKstage Exam. Created by USITT and EdTA, they will discuss the exam, its metrics and goals, its importance in a comprehensive high school theatre education, and its use as a tool for curricular development. Participants will have an opportunity read more

• Our lower school students enjoyed the production of Hey, Diddle, Diddle (adapted by Marilee Herbert Miller, available from Dramatic) our MS students put on a few years ago. It is a great ensemble piece for actors to create innovative staging and transitions. ------------------------------ Joanna read more

• RE: Props is tops

Discussion

My issue with props and set dressing for many years has been that they are often seen as generic: a chair is a chair, a clock is a clock, a book is a book, without any regard for the period, the story, the characters using them, or the overall style of the production. I'm delighted that there's going read more

• RE: Pit Cover

Discussion

How to mitigate pit falls. Here's what I used to do in the high school theatres I managed. We had professional technicians, student crews, and school and outside events (and this is whether or not you have a pit net – but hopefully you do!): Post a sign on each entrance door to the theatre, something read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Behind the Curtain: Strategies for First-Year Theatre Teachers

This new on-demand webinar is designed for new theater teachers navigating their first year in the field. Join presenter Lisanne Shaffer-Dickerson and gain essential insights on managing classroom dynamics, fostering student engagement, and learning how to prevent burnout while maintaining a fulfilling career in theater education. Don't miss this opportunity to kickstart your journey as a confident and effective theater teacher!

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/behind-the-curtain-strategies-for-first-year-theatre-teachers

• EdTA Webinar – Season Planning: How to Strategically Plan your Season by Engaging your Community

In this on-demand webinar, presenter Krista Carson Elhai will start by walking you through how to conduct an analysis of your program – what’s working, what makes money, what brings in a large audience, and how do you connect your program with your community. Then the session will look at how the design of your season can fulfill many of your goals. Participants will walk away with a blueprint for getting community buy in to your theatre program to take your program to the next level.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/season-planning-how-to-strategically-plan-your-season-by-engaging-your-community

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.