Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

Please join me and other members of the Disney Live Entertainment Team to learn about The BACKstage Challenge, a no-additional-cost activity for your students at ITF this year. You'll learn all about this fun new format for the traditional Tech Challenge, our six inaugural events, and how your students read more

• Discussion

We just finished a production of The Sins of Sor Juana, by Karen Zacharias. It is about a nun from the 1600's in New Spain (Mexico) and her belief that education was important for everyone, even women. Her life started as the child of an unwed mother, which was her first sin. The play covers women's read more

• small cast shows for girls

Discussion

I want to do two small cast shows in the fall. I thinking something like Dear Elizabeth or maybe Love Letters for one. But I need another show idea that would be appropriate for high schoolers and mostly girls. Any ideas? ------------------------------ Melanie Duke ------------------------------

• Discussion

Specifically for Cassy's situation, I would suggest Spinning Into Butter by Rebecca Gilman, available from Dramatic Publishing. The cast is mostly white, but the play turns on a college student's identification as Nuyorican. A dean at the college wants to recommend the student for a scholarship designated read more

• Discussion

Some good suggestions and I second I and You and Pipeline. I use both plays in my Acting and Advanced Acting classes. Others to consider:Men on BoatsThe Revolutionists Intimate Apparel SweatEverybodyGloria Keep up the good work.

• Getting students involved in the theatre world beyond your campus. It always amazes me when I meet a theatre teacher who never takes their students beyond the walls of their campus. I don't how I would have managed my 38 years without the support, mentorship, and collaboration of the theatre educators read more

• Discussion

Early bird pricing for this year's Theatre Education Conference will end May 1! Register now to save $100. The Theatre Education Conference provides a chance for theatre educators to meet and network with their peers and features an array of professional development opportunities, keynote speakers, read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Sorry, these items have been sold.

Announcements

• EdTA Webinar – Season Planning: How to Strategically Plan your Season by Engaging your Community

In this on-demand webinar, presenter Krista Carson Elhai will start by walking you through how to conduct an analysis of your program – what’s working, what makes money, what brings in a large audience, and how do you connect your program with your community. Then the session will look at how the design of your season can fulfill many of your goals. Participants will walk away with a blueprint for getting community buy in to your theatre program to take your program to the next level.

EdTA Professional Learning Webinars are free for EdTA members.

Watch the on-demand webinar now:  https://learn.schooltheatre.org/products/season-planning-how-to-strategically-plan-your-season-by-engaging-your-community

• Registration is open for the Theatre Education Conference

We are excited to welcome theatre educators to Minneapolis, MN, September 26-29 for TEC 2024!

Register by May 1 for the best pricing.

Attending the International Thespian Festival (ITF) this June? Add on the Theatre Education Conference when you register for ITF to save another $100 off registration fees.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.