Home

Browse the Community

• RE: Rethinking Theatre 1

Discussion

I only teach quarter classes at my school. I teach one Introduction to Acting and Backstage. and one Unified Theatre class. These two classes have a production for a final. The Unified Theatre is a puppet productions with puppets they build and plays they write. They are all more comfortable with being read more

• New Thespian Officers

Discussion

I am wondering if anyone has had a student run for office for the thespian student board who is not able to attend the induction ceremony where the new officers are introduced and "sworn into" office. Must students be present in order to accept the new officer position? I have never had this happen before. read more

• RE: Awards

Discussion

While I was in the classroom, each academic year, I had two sets of awards: those given in Theatre classes with creative titles for the students to nominate their classmates for HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR awards. The students got to nominate classmates with kind titles of awards. The other set of awards read more

• Discussion

Thank you! My induction is in three hours, and I was just sitting here wishing I had something better to give my inductees than a slapped-together handmade certificate and a socially-distanced handshake. These will be lovely. And, thankfully, none of this year's inductees are seniors, so I can get them read more

• Library Entry

2 attachments

• Discussion

Members, I want to apologize to those of you who have recently processed inductions and are still waiting on your supplies. There are a number of issues that have contributed to the delay in processing of these orders. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused many of you with your end of year read more

2 attachments

• Discussion

Looking ahead to next year, I got excited about the possibility of doing the Grease: School Edition for our middle school. I just got back the pricing for the licensing and it's astronomical. No complaints since I knew going in it's one of their most expensive shows to license. I'm not closing the door read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Teaching Theatre to Students on the Spectrum

As of 2021, the CDC says one in 44 children are on the Autism Spectrum, so chances are several are going to end up in your drama class! Each person who has ASD has challenges in similar areas, but each is also unique. This on-demand training will help drama teachers identify what areas their actors on the spectrum need support with, along with ideas of how to appropriately offer that support. In addition, we will explore how to build an inclusive acting ensemble where everyone is valued and appreciated for their creativity and unique contributions.

• Connect with the EdTA Board: Open Meeting This Wednesday

As part of its commitment to open communication with members, EdTA’s board of directors is hosting a series of listening sessions. The last session of this school year is Wednesday, May 4 at 8 p.m. ET., and is open to any topics members wish to discuss. This is your chance to connect with the board! Sign up now and you'll receive a link for the meeting via email.

The listening session series is hosted by Duranleau-Brennan, vice president Krista Carson Elhai, and board director Erin Carr.

My Communities

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Need Help?

Visit our FAQs page for help logging in, finding what you're looking for and updating your profile.

Upcoming Events

Please log in to see this information

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.