Home

Browse the Community

• Discussion

My Advanced Drama class is currently working on The Perfect Ending. It can easily accommodate 25 actors, though some roles are pretty small. The tech doesn't have to be too complicated, though you will need some 50/60's style clothing. https://www.dramaticpublishing.com/browse/one-act-plays/the-perfect-ending read more

• A mixed blessing indeed! For a couple of years I've done 2 thematically-linked One Acts. It's double the work, but provides leadership opportunities for older cast members, who can run rehearsals with one cast while you work with another. (If you want to triple your work, you can use different venues read more

• Hello and happy new year! I'm Michael Cotey, Artistic Producer of #ENOUGH: Plays to End Gun Violence, and I'm writing to invite you to join our Nationwide Reading on April 20, 2022. What is our Nationwide Reading?  (view the one pager) We issued a call for teen writers to submit 10-minute plays confronting read more

• Discussion

I am trying to open a Deaf/HH/Hearing Theatre in the Blacksburg Virginia area. I am in need of guidance on how to go from idea to fruition. I am a Graduate for ITS at the University of Tennessee. ------------------------------ Rachel Wakefield ------------------------------

• I can't think of any stand alone pieces that take place in a courtroom but you could do the courtroom scene in something like the non-musical version of Les Miserables.  It has a fabulous courtroom scene that I think would be a good length for what you're looking for and uses several different characters.  read more

• I am taking a positive stand for double and alternating casts and role sharing, particularly when creating theatre with youth and particularly during theses times. Oh dear, I hope that I don't offend anyone or draw a line in the sand between those who love a double casting/alternative model and those read more

• Lights

Discussion

I am trying to do some theateical lighting upgrades in a private parochial school. I want to start with the stage apron lighting.  We have 10 halogen ellipsoid spots on the ceiling of the house that require twice a year replacements which, because of the poor positioning in the theater require manual read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Join Us on Social ❤ Stay Connected

Please take a minute right now to ‘Like’ and/or ‘Follow’ us on these two because we’ve consolidated our posts to only these two! 😉

On Facebook we’re at https://www.facebook.com/schooltheatre

On Instagram we’re at https://www.instagram.com/thespiansociety/

Educational Theatre Association is the home of International Thespian Society and Educational Theatre Foundation.

• JAN 20: EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Crash Course: Preparing Students for College Auditions

Join Laura Enstall, owner and founder of Audition Well, for this live and interactive session on Thursday, January 20 at 7:30pm ET. Get all of your questions answered by an experienced audition coach, and leave this workshop with tools to guide your students through the college audition process and a workbook with helpful links.

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Upcoming Events