EdTA Theatre Education Conference

View Only

What are you looking forward to?

• 1.  What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 09:49
    Welcome! The 2019 EdTA National Conference will be here before you know it and we want to know what you are most looking forward to. Keynote speakers? Workshops? Networking? Catching a Broadway show? Click on "reply" to post your answer!

------------------------------
    Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 2.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 10:52
    I'm looking forward to all of it! I'm in Sourh Carolina and we don't have a lot of local theatre specific workshops and professional development! I'm justs excited to go and be immersed in theatre stuff with theatre people for a few days and get some new ideas and inspiration to bring back to my classroom.

Jennifer Simmons
    Jennifer Simmons
    Lexington SC

• 3.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 11:14
    I'm looking forward to being surrounded by passionate theatre people and reconnecting with old and new friends, and especially enjoying the city!!!!!  Also HADESTOWN!

Brooke Phillips
    Omaha NE

• 4.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 11:22
    I am looking forward to ALL of it! Love the workshops, reconnecting with my tribe, and really looking forward to "Hadestown." I used to work at an Arts institute in Vermont where Anais Mitchell first workshopped Hadestown! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Jennifer Jordan
    Director of Theater and Dance
    Miss Hall's School
    Pittsfield MA

• 5.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 12:00
    The EdTA National Conference is always such a great way to start my year!  I look forward to learning, making connections, seeing friends, HADESTOWN and the speakers.

Tracey Buot
    Performing Arts Dept. Chair
    Drama Director
    Cambridge High School
    Milton, Georgia

• 6.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 13:18
    I’m looking forward to hearing keynote speakers who are industry professionals with experiences to share, workshops with fresh ideas, networking with colleagues who are/become friends inspiring me to be better each year, dynamic Broadway shows like Hadestown (plus more!), and being in NYC!

---------------------------------
    Jo Strom Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Roosevelt High School
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR
    ---------------------------------

• 7.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 13:29
    I'm excited about it all, but I can't deny how incredibly thrilled I am to see HADESTOWN!

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    Louisiana Co-Chapter Director

• 8.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 13:40
    In addition to just being surrounded by teachers who love what they do and learning from them, I'm looking forward to the stage combat workshop, getting all the cool theatre swag, and gloating to my students about getting to see Hadestown.

Veronica Stephenson
    Teacher/Director
    Enterprise AL

• 9.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 13:48
    I am looking forward to connecting with like-minded, passionate, intelligent Theatre educators, Teaching Artists, Sponsors, Exhibitors, Chapter Directors, EdTA Board Members, Awards Recipients, Featured Keynote Speakers, Hall of Fame Celebration, Broadway Back to School, any many more events.

And celebrating our chosen profession!

I know that our Executive Director, Julie Theobald and the professional EdTA Staff  have planned valuable events.

Gai Laing Jones
    gai.jones@sbcglobal.net
    gai@gaijones.com

www.gaijones.com

• 10.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 13:51
    I am so excited to come to the conference.  I have been teaching for 12 years, but this is my first National Conference.  I am just really looking forward to finding some new things to incorporate into my classes so I can change it up a bit.  I'm also really looking forward to being back in NYC since the last time I was there was in 6th grade, when I rode a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Richard Gremel
    Theatre Teacher
    Tucson AZ

• 11.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 14:18
    I'm excited for my first national EdTA conference.  I love learning and I'm very excited to get some fresh ideas and connect with other dedicated teachers/artists.  I'm also very excited to see Hadestown!

Joel King
    Woodstock GA

• 12.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-30-2019 14:36
    Looking forward to all the workshops and learning about some new and interesting ways to teach theatre. Also, very excited to make some new friends and contacts as well as seeing some great shows!

Sterling Johnson
    Cairo

• 13.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-31-2019 07:01
    I'm looking forward to my first conference with EdTA as a new theatre teacher. I am excited to gather pertinent, inspiring resources to bring back to my students. I'm also looking forward to meeting other instructors and professionals in the field, being in NYC, and seeing Hadestown, along with other shows. 
    --
    Mrs. Tina Miller
    Theatre Arts Instructor
    Oak & Ivy Theatre Director
    Leeds High and Middle Schools 

Art is about thinking, and choices.
    Art is about how you respond to the world around you.

• 14.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-31-2019 10:13
    This is my very first EdTA National Conference, and I am looking forward to ALL OF IT! I'm very excited to learn in the workshops & network with other theatre teachers. And, I am SUPER excited to see Hadestown on Friday night. Oh, and just being in NYC will be lovely.

Susan Nieten
    Theatre Teacher, Spring Play Director,
    & Thespian Troupe Director
    at Noblesville High School (Noblesville, IN)

Twitter: @mrsnieten

• 15.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 07-31-2019 12:59
    We are looking forward to Teaching National Core Arts Standards though Playback Theatre! Looking to it to revitalize what we already do in schools throughout Charleston, and finding new techniques to use. 

--
    Teralyn Reiter, MFA
    Founder/Executive Director, Teaching Artist
    843-830-8737

• 16.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 08-06-2019 11:57
    So looking forward to my 4th conference! It is amazing to be a part of this community of educators and I can't wait to enjoy workshops, advocacy, reunions with friends, making new friends, seeing Hadestown, and honored to be teaching comedic stage fighting. See you in September!!!

- Jason

Jason Robert LeClair, MA
    Artist/Arts Educator
    Director, Thespian Troupe 7444
    Membership Chairperson of the Educational Theatre Association Rhode Island Chapter
    Beacon Charter High School for the Arts
    Woonsocket, RI

• 17.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 08-07-2019 07:07
    I’m a Brooklynite and am so excited the conference will be here. More than anything, I’m looking forward to meeting more theatre educators and building out my network. But I also really appreciate that this is so early in the school year so I can implement all the great new material I get from the conference into my classes this year.

• 18.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 08-08-2019 22:07
    I'm looking forward to everything.  This is the first EDTA function I'm attending without dozens of students with me.  I look to all of the workshops, keynote speakers, and Hadestown.  If I had to to pick just one thing it would be networking with fellow EDTA members.  Can't wait.

Donald Amerson
    Thespian Troupe Director
    Santa Ana, CA

• 19.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 08-18-2019 13:38
    I am looking forward to attending my very first EdTA Conference.  Being able to soak in as much information as I can and being able to network with other professionals is what I am most looking forward to.

James Craley
    Red Lion PA

• 20.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 08-19-2019 11:09
    I'm looking forward to being surrounded by similar-minded educators from across the country, and though this is my fifth or sixth conference, it's the first in a long while where I'm actually doing one of the pre-conference workshops and I'm really looking forward to that! I love the energy that this conference creates.

Kaila Schwartz
    Theatre Arts, Director
    Milpitas Unified School District
    San Jose CA

• 21.  RE: What are you looking forward to?

Posted 09-04-2019 20:56
    I am a new Theatre teacher and am looking for all of the above! I am so excited to have the opportunity to go and just soak it all in!

Kristy

Kristy Wilhite
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    Great Mills MD