Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  scene and monologue books

Posted 11-10-2017 10:23
    I am trying to update my library of scene and monologue books for my high school Drama classes. Of course, there are TONS on Amazon so does anyone have any suggestions? I have overused the book "Childsplay." Thanks so much!

------------------------------
    Stephen Ingle
    Drama Teacher
    Jefferson High School
    Jefferson, GA

• 2.  RE: scene and monologue books

Posted 11-11-2017 09:58
    I am not sure what grade level that you teach, but Fifty Professional Scenes for Student Actors is a go-to book with duet scene for my high school students. The characters in each scene are labeled #1 #2 and are written for either gender.  They don't have any foul language in them and are short enough so that beginning actors don't feel over whelmed with an even number of lines for each actor.   Fifty Professional Scenes for Student Actors -- A collection of short two-person scenes
    Pioneerdrama remove preview
    Fifty Professional Scenes for Student Actors -- A collection of short two-person scenes
    Fifty Professional Scenes for Student Actors A collection of short two-person scenes. This theatre book is designed for serious actors seeking roles in professional stage productions, TV shows, and commercials. Performed in theatres, classes, and showcases, they include some of the most used original audition scenes for all the major networks.
    View this on Pioneerdrama >

​​

Marla Blasko
    Director/Teacher Theatre Arts
    Long Reach High School
    Columbia, MD

• 3.  RE: scene and monologue books

Posted 11-11-2017 12:58
    I would be happy to share with you my collection, "The Big Book of Moliere Monologues," which includes 150+ rhyming verse monologues from 17 different plays...!

Tim

Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com

• 4.  RE: scene and monologue books

Posted 11-13-2017 14:33
    There are some good ones available from Playscripts and Dramatic Publishing. The great thing about those is that they all come from actual plays (not just a collection of monologues written independent of a show) which may be important if they want to compete with them at I.E. or elsewhere. They're also a great way of finding interesting new shows.

Christopher Hamilton
    Drama Teacher
    Kennewick WA