Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Still Life With Iris

Posted 09-30-2017 19:33

I am doing Still Life With Iris this year - a play I found through this group (people talked about so highly of it I decided to read it and fell in love). Any advice? Any traps I should watch out for? I find myself torn in marketing it - what age should I pitch to? And if I pitch to younger kids - how do I also attract my base audience - our fellow high school kids? Is it worth getting the "magic tricks" listed in the script?

So far I am loving working on it, since I know many of you have done it, thought i would seek some advice.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Jeffrey Davis
    Plainsboro NJ

• 2.  RE: Still Life With Iris

Posted 10-01-2017 15:07
    I did this play last year and everyone loved it! It is a children's play that you can market to elementary schools, home school networks, middle schools, etc. I can't think of any traps. The set is fairly simple and open to being very creative. Be aware you'll need 2-3 sets of a table and 3 chairs for their various stages throughout the play. For costumes we tie dyed lab coats and used big, colorful buttons. I could send production pics if you like.

Stephen Ingle
    Drama Teacher
    Jefferson High School
    Jefferson, GA

• 3.  RE: Still Life With Iris

Posted 10-02-2017 12:33
    We collected a bunch of Goodwill/donation coats and had students in the art department paint, embellish, and embroider to customize each coat for each character. I'm happy to send pictures, too. It's a wonderful show, and all ages appreciated it. I think we marketed it for ages 8 and up.

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA