Open Forum

View Only

Ticketing Software Feedback

• 1.  Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-21-2013 16:50

Alright folks,
    Please weigh in on what Ticketing Software I should use and which programs/companies I should avoid at all costs.  I am now on my third round of software and hardware for ticket purchasing and still am not satisfied.  I need some advice before I sink another few thousand on another round.  It must have a online purchasing feature to be in the running.
    thanks,
    e

-------------------------------------------
    Erik Hart
    Michigan
    Warren Con. School of Perf. Arts

• 2.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-22-2013 07:55
    We use BrownPaperTickets and have been very happy. Great customer support.  Easy to use.  Always get my money right away.

Mark A Zimmerman
    Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Akron Public Schools

• 3.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-23-2013 09:44
    We've had a ton of great feedback on the Seat Yourself service that EdTA has an arrangement with. You don't need to buy anything. Customers print their own tickets. The team can produce a custom seating chart for your theatre. You get live access to detailed reports. The customer pays a 50 cent per ticket fee and that's what supports Seat Yourself. They pay a portion of every ticket fee to EdTA. I encourage everyone to check the company out. You can even take a free "test drive" on their website.

http://www.seatyourself.biz/index.php 

David LaFleche
    Director Of Membership
    Educational Theatre Association

• 4.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 04-22-2014 23:31
    I use Arts People, formerly Ticket Turtle. They've been terrific. I started using them because they are local (in Portland, OR), but would use them anyway as they are specific to performing arts ticketing. I am able to sell tickets online with a variety of options from single tickets to subscriptions to flex passes. I can create accounts for other users (i.e. Box Office Management) so they can't access the admin side, but can access box office, door sales, and reports so my bookkeeper can sell them from her office, students can at the box office, and folks can purchase at home all at the same time without any issues. You can upload images to your tickets to make them tailored to each show. You can set up various price points, including comps. You can do retail, donations, etc. It's pretty versatile and easy to use once you get through the initial set up which the staff walks you through and makes super simple.

Jo Strom Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Roosevelt High School
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-22-2013 08:54
    I use ShowTix4U.com and have been very pleased with the ease of set up, ease of use, and customer service.  My bookkeeper is quite pleased with their accounting reports.

[William] [Myatt] [Drama Director]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 6.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-22-2013 09:07
    Erik,
    You may or may not be aware that EdTA has a relationship with Seat Yourself ticketing software.  Whenever a thespian school uses their software, we receive a royalty which funds thespian scholarships.

Julie Woffington
    Executive Director
    Educational Theatre Association

• 7.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-22-2013 09:08
      We have been very happy with ShowTix (ShowTix4U.com).  The only hardware we had to buy was the printer (inexpensive Dymo) and a credit card reader.  Excellent customer service and they are always there to help you solve a problem.  The system is easy for customers to navigate and easy for us to set up.  They even customized a pricing structure for us last year as we wanted to be able to offer our cast members' families a pre-sale price break.  

After the show we get a check right away.

We have no complaints whatsoever and we have been using their service since they began.

Pat

Patricia J. Santanello
    Ohio Educational Theatre Association
    Co-Chapter Director
    Dublin Scioto High School
    psdirector2003@hotmail.com
    614.288.8786 614.718.8313
    Dublin, Ohio

• 8.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-22-2013 23:03
    We use Showtix4u as well! It has always worked well for us! We have used it for years and years. 

Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair

• 9.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-22-2013 10:12
    I use Showtix4U.com.  There is no up front money.  Super easy - a percentage comes out from your ticket sales.

It is a no brainer!!!!

Ruben

Ruben Van Kempen
    Washington
    Seattle Public Schools

• 10.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-23-2013 15:34
    I have used TicketLeap and found it easy and user-friendly, http://www.ticketleap.com/?rc=trw.

Jim Hoare

• 11.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-24-2013 07:24
    I looked into SEAT YOURSELF and SHOWTIX and we have gone with SHOWTIX.  The big difference between the two that I have found is that the customers can pick the specific seats they want in SHOWTIX.  In SEAT YOURSELF, I believe they can request a general area, but the program actually selects the seats for them.  We have been happy with SHOWTIX.

Mark Zortman

• 12.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 10-25-2013 12:09
    We use Seat Yourself and have had no issues.  David Lichtenstein is a phone call/email away and is the owner of the company.  I met him at the EdTA conference and the company won an award because a large percentage of their profits is donated to scholarships through EdTA.

We use their online ticketing services for two middle school drama programs, a ninth grade program and our high school performances. All the directors use the same password and site with no problems.  Our vocal music department has a separate account for their shows.  

It is true that customers are offered seating selections; they cannot choose specific seats. The advantage, however, is that we rarely have that one unsold seat in the middle of a row. 

We charge more, usually one dollar, for tickets at the door to encourage use of the online system.  We no longer have long, long lines of people showing up to buy tickets at the last minute, but we are still able to sell at the door.  I will never go back to selling all tickets at the door!

Lynnae Lathrop
    MS Speech and Drama teacher
    Waukee Comm. School District

• 13.  Ticket software

Posted 10-24-2013 07:32
    I've been using seat yourself and have been very happy with it.  We are in our 4th year with the service and have not had an issue.  

Phillip Moss

• 14.  RE:Ticket software

Posted 10-25-2013 03:28
    We used tix.com and really liked it. Patrons are able to select their own exact seats online; all of the reports are excellent; incredible customer service; if you don't have credit card ability, they can run the credit card through their system and you can pass on the fee to the buyer; and very easy to use for students in your school box office. There is no upfront cost unless you want to buy a ticket printing machine. They charge twenty five cents per ticket sold and that is it. The system also accepts donations online and you can set it up with ticket scan capability if you so choose. There is lots more. I used tix.com in a high school setting and also use it in a professional theatre organization in which I am affiliated. We could not be more pleased.

E. Frank Bluestein

• 15.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 04-15-2014 09:21
    I need to use an online ticketing company next year.  I need it to be able to do a few things with it:

1.  I need to be able to still sell them myself (via our bookstore).
    2.  I need to be able to sell at the door.
    3.  I need to be able to set it up for my patrons (boosters) to get their 'free' tickets after they pay their 'donation'.
    4.  I need it to be easy for all.

I am between show tix 4 u and seat yourself.  I'd like to support SEAT YOURSELF because of the EDTA, but have to be realistic.

Thanks!

Molly Grasso
    Nebraska
    Papillion-LaVista H.S.
    Papillion NE

• 16.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 04-19-2014 00:14
    We use showtix4u.com and it normally works pretty well for us! I believe it is little to no cost to use! 
    Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair
    Huntsville AL

• 17.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 04-20-2014 10:44
    I've used brownpapertickets.com for the past two years and they've been great. Set up is completely on line. There's no software to install, and the system is very flexible allowing on- line purchases, cash purchases, assigned seating, etc.... There are no up front fees; they simply take a small percentage of the ticket price. Customer service has also been excellent.

Mark Haynes
    Teacher/Drama Director
    Saint Anthony School
    Oakland Park FL

• 18.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 04-20-2014 19:09
    We have been using seatyourself and have been quite happy with it.  I thought there was a way to send in a seating chart as well, but I could be wrong, as we only do general admissions.  It took a few shows, but now over 50% of our sales are online.  

Steven Fleming
    Howard County Public School System

• 19.  RE:Ticketing Software Feedback

Posted 04-21-2014 09:00
    I have only used "Seat Yourself" and had patrons print out their own tickets. Our district printing office prints tickets for us for people who wish to pay at the door.  So far, its worked out fine. 

Cynthia Poinsett
    Drama Director
    Cherry Creek School District
    Aurora CO