Home

Browse the Community

• Harness the Power of Student Voices Help your students advocate for theatre education by writing a short essay on the topic: "How has theatre helped you build resiliency in your personal life and academic studies?" The DemocracyWorks Competition is open now with a short deadline to come on February read more

• I think you're awesome.

Discussion

I retired from teaching theatre in 2018, after about 40 years of frustration, fulfillment, and joy. If I had just stuck around another couple of years, I would have ended my career during the pandemic. I just missed it. Instead, I watched it from the outside. I have stayed in touch on social media, read more

• TD

Discussion

Hi All, I am the only theater teacher in my high school (it's a small private institution with about 250 kids) and we hire out set/costume/lighting designers when we do shows. I am not a TD. I teach theater, but from a performance angle. For a while now, my department has been advocating for a TD. I read more

• RE: Cinematography equipment

Discussion

This might be a good resource - folks are knowledgable. Located in NYC but ship anywhere. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/ ------------------------------ Joan Jubett (she/her) Director of High School Fall Play and Spring Festival of Plays High School Theater Teacher LREI New York, NY ----------------- read more

• RE: Little Mermaid (Ohio)

Discussion

I sent you an email last week. Let me know if we can help. ------------------------------ Hannah Agee Emmanuel Christian Academy ------------------------------

• Discussion

Hi Savannah, This may be a more complex question than you have imagined. Although there may be some workable "off the shelf" solutions, much of this will depend on the theatre space you work in, your budget, and what your perceived needs are.  In all likelihood, there is a reliable vendor, theatre read more

• Co-authors of the book Bring on the Bard Kevin Long (Associate Professor of Theatre - Harper College, IL) and Mary T. Christel (Retired English Teacher – Adlai E. Stevenson High School) are serving as co-editors of English Journal: Teaching Shakespeare column.  We are placing a call for submissions. read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Help Your Students Enter Essay Competition

Harness the Power of Student Voices

Help your students advocate for theatre education by writing a short essay on the topic: "How has theatre helped you build resiliency in your personal life and academic studies?" The DemocracyWorks Competition is open now with a short deadline to come on February 18, 2022, at 12:00pm noon ET.
    • EdTA Professional Learning Webinar: Advocacy with Purpose – Using Data & Storytelling for Arts Ed

Advocacy comes in many forms and each of us have powerful tools to enact positive change for arts education. The stories and data we share with administrators, colleagues, parents, community members, politicians, and other decision-makers can have a profound impact on our programs and arts education. This webinar will dive into advocacy tips and strategies, including the data available at your fingertips to speak with your audience. Hear from Virginia arts educator and advocate Annamarie Bollino as she brings her perspective and knowledge on advocacy.

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Upcoming Events