Open Forum

View Only

Announcements

• Adjudicate the Thespys!

EdTA is seeking volunteer adjudicators to review virtual International Thespian Excellence Awards (Thespys) submissions in March and June. This is an exciting opportunity to provide educational feedback for student performers and technicians. You can choose from 16 categories and we will work with your availability.

• Help Your Students Enter Essay Competition

Harness the Power of Student Voices

Help your students advocate for theatre education by writing a short essay on the topic: "How has theatre helped you build resiliency in your personal life and academic studies?" The DemocracyWorks Competition is open now with a short deadline to come on February 18, 2022, at 12:00pm noon ET.

Featured Post

• Good Afternoon,   Most high schools theatres don't do much in the way of metal-working (particularly welding) for obvious reasons. We are fortunate enough to have a welding class at our tech center that might be willing to work with our department to ...

Trending Threads

• Profile Picture

RE: How to rehearse

Lesley, I have a suggestion if you are referring to scenes that students are rehearsing semi-independently during class.  Giving them a particular focus for each day's rehearsal might help them to understand that rehearsal is a process.  Here are a ...

• I'm happy to be announcing our latest exclusive webinar, Teaching Theatre Design Online: A Roundtable. Digital Theatre+ is putting on the webinar with the help of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education on Thursday, February 17th at 11 am EST. ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Induction ceremony

Hi Kayla!  Here are a couple of resources that will be of use to you as you navigate inductions. And your instinct is absolutely spot-on. Get those kids inducted as soon as they're eligible! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! Check ...

• Hello and congratulations!  I found this somewhere on the site, but I can't find it now, so I think I deleted all of my troupe's information, but if I missed something, I apologize. This is the basic script. We added performances by our new troupe members. ...

• Ginny, These are all great tips and insights! Lesley, Although it is an older text Lawrence Carra's (and Alexander Dean's) The Fundamentals of Stage Direction is a great text for directors. Although very technical, it has a lot of great exercises ...

Latest Q&A

Please login to see all eligible question postings.

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.