Open Forum

View Only

Which platform to use?!?

• 1.  Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-18-2020 10:06

I need to choose a service for a live-stream performance, but there are so many options. Who are you using and why did you choose that company?

Thanks for your help!

• 2.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-18-2020 11:28
    Our play is from Playscripts so we had no options we have to use Broadway on Demand. If I could choose I would choose Booktix because that's who my ticketing is already set-up with.

------------------------------
    Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    Louisiana Co-Chapter Director

• 3.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-21-2020 21:53
    I saw that Broadway on Demand is streaming live shows for Playscripts - but we are only doing zoom. WA isn't back to any Hybrid at all... I was hoping I could choose someone else....

Ginny Schreiber
    Forest Ridge School
    Bellevue, WA

• 4.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-18-2020 13:18
    I was excited to use On the Stage, as I had used them for ticketing once before and their streaming platform seemed really easy and user friendly.  Had to switch to ShowTix4u, as Dramatists is working exclusively with them.  MTI is, as well.  I have no qualms so far with Showtix4u, just wish I could stick with what I had been using.

I imagine the rights issues are tricky with so many of us wanting/needing to stream, but its going to be a pain switching between platforms depending on which publishing house you select your play from.

Derek Friederich
    Thespian Troupe 417/Speech Coach/Jr. High Drama/Fine Arts Center Technical Director
    Postville IA

• 5.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-19-2020 08:16
    I am running into the same thing the others are saying. I would suggest you choose your show first because odds are that will dictate what you are contractually obligated to choose.

Lisa Groves
    Clinton IL

• 6.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-19-2020 08:41
    I highly recommend Booktix! I will be doing my first streaming performance with them next week but have used their ticketing for years. They have amazing customer service and make everything user friendly and easy to implement.

Sarah Serbus
    Theatre Director
    Union R-XI School District
    Union MO

• 7.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-20-2020 15:14
    @Sarah Serbus

Sarah,

I'd love to see your show streamed, then ask you some questions.

Break a leg,

Maria Stadtmueller 
    StadtFamily@Juno.com

Sent from my iPhone

Top News - Sponsored By Newser

• 8.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-19-2020 12:03
    We chose ShowTix4U for our recent live stream, primarily because they supported ticketing in Canadian$.  I was very impressed with their technical support, and they remitted the proceeds to me in one heck of a hurry.  I thought their user interface was a bit clunky and dated, both from the administration and end user perspective. 
    Regardless, I would use them again.

I like the look of the user experience from BookTix, but they don't yet support CDN$, so they are presently off the table..

Margaret Watt
    Victoria BC

• 9.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-20-2020 15:16
    @Margaret Watt

Margaret,

Can I still see your show? If so, I'll have some questions about it afterward.

Maria Stadtmueller 
    StadtFamily@Juno.com

Sent from my iPhone

Top News - Sponsored By Newser

• 10.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-21-2020 11:22
    Maria,  here is a link to our show.  https://youtu.be/J-_7gdxG0So

We used OBS to do the streaming, and created "scenes" with the sunsets to blend the play's scenes rather than just a fade-out.
    We also had a preshow title slide for 30 minutes, with a countdown timer. And five minutes before showtime, the producer went "on air" to welcome everyone.
    We used a single video camera with a boom mic attached.

If you have any questions about any of the technical, or even the business aspects, feel free to reach out to our producer (also an EdTA member) Rob Forbes at info@mountaindreambc.com

Margaret​

Margaret Watt
    Victoria BC

• 11.  RE: Which platform to use?!?

Posted 09-21-2020 22:58
    Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPhone