Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  All-District Musical

Posted 08-26-2016 12:48

Hello! Have any of you participated in or started an all-district musical? Do you have a timeline or any documentation as to how you supported the event? Thank you! 

------------------------------
    Carolyn Kovar
    Florissant MO

• 2.  RE: All-District Musical

Posted 08-28-2016 21:13
    I would love to do his in the future as we have 3 high schools and 3 middle schools in our district. Last year I started a showcase of our 6 schools. It is an encore performance of our musical. Each high school performed 4 songs each and the middle schools performed two. We did a dress rehearsal the day before where we planned both an opening and closing number that all participants were in. The day of we had a pizza party with all the kids that was sponsored by local businesses. We also had a crew made up of high school kids. It was a great event for the community and the kids. A nice way to start out small 😀

---------------------------------
    Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ
    ---------------------------------

• 3.  RE: All-District Musical

Posted 08-29-2016 14:29

This is something we are working on. We are hoping to convince the district to allow it during summer school as a way to interest students in taking theater during the year. I'm interested in any suggestions as well.

Ellen Di Filippo
    Tracy CA

• 4.  RE: All-District Musical

Posted 08-30-2016 08:36
    Colorado Thespians did an all-stTe show a couple times. Once a musical. Putnam County Spelling Bee. Very fun.
    I was not involved other than as an audience member, but I'm sure you could find experience from the chapter director.
    Info@cothespians.com

Scott Hasbrouck
    George Washington HS
    Denver, Cao

• 5.  RE: All-District Musical

Posted 08-30-2016 10:18

I am peripherally involved with a multiple district production, which might have a similar structure to what you are looking to do. The organization is called the Central Wisconsin Educational Theatre Alliance (CWETA). Here is the link to their page: Home

Cweta remove preview
    Home
    View this on Cweta >

There is a contact link where the directors may be able to answer some of your questions. Hope this helps.

Stacey Drenk
    English Teacher/Drama Coach
    Wausau West High School
    Wausau WI

• 6.  RE: All-District Musical

Posted 09-07-2016 12:05

Thank you all for replying. If anyone else has a timeline or guidelines they use, please post them. Thanks again. CK

Carolyn Kovar
    Florissant MO