Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Beauty and the Beast Rose

Posted 02-15-2019 15:07
    Does anyone have a Magic Rose that will drop its last petal on cue and is available for rent or purchase?

Thanks! 

• 2.  RE: Beauty and the Beast Rose

Posted 02-17-2019 08:13
    Hello Michael,
    Heartland has a rentable flower in a dome that drops its petals. Go to http://www.heartlandcostumes.com/?page_id=9.
    There is a magic mirror as well. We used them very successfully in 2012. What is really great is they have light up roses to sell which then pays for the rental and then some! Every child in the audience wanted one. When the beast did his transformation, we had the fairy come out and lead the children in lighting their roses and wave them to help the transformation. It was beautiful!

------------------------------
    Valerie Gargus
    NJ Thespians Festival Director
    Play & Thespian Troupe 4762 Director
    Northern Burlington County Reg HS
    Columbus, NJ

• 3.  RE: Beauty and the Beast Rose

Posted 02-17-2019 09:42
    Thanks, Valerie! I will contact them tomorrow morning.  I am indebted!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

• 4.  RE: Beauty and the Beast Rose

Posted 03-01-2019 09:34
    I just ran across this:  https://www.theatreave.com/product/rose-window-projection-animated/

Rachel Queen
    Drama Director
    Rachel Queen
    Adairsville GA

• 5.  RE: Beauty and the Beast Rose

Posted 03-02-2019 16:30
    I just made one of these for our production last year. If you google beauty and beast rose a tutorial will come up. It's easy to do but figure about a hundred bucks in material.

Matthew Phipps
    Director
    Wright WY

• 6.  RE: Beauty and the Beast Rose

Posted 03-02-2019 20:37
    Greetings...

If you have no luck with the referral given in an earlier response, or what is offered is not in your budget, I have another option.
    Our community theater performed this about 4 years ago, and our resident 'engineer' made one. It was all done with magnets and was operated with a control switch - it would release a few petals at a time, as Beast's 'time' was drawing near...and, of course dropped the last petal on cue!
    Please let me know if you'd like the contact info, if the referral doesn't work out for one reason or another...and I'll put you in touch with our 'guy'!
    Best wishes,
    Thomas Boys

Thomas Boys
    Musical Director/Drama Club Sponsor
    Argos Jr/Sr High School
    Argos, Indiana USA
    tboys@argos.k12.in.us