Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Moliere turns 399!

Posted 01-14-2021 21:56

Hey, EdTA Friends!

It's Molière's 399th birthday! Or, as close as we can get!

Molière was christened on January 15, 2022, so we've been calling this "Molière Week" just to be sure.

In honor of the event, I'm doing a couple of on-line performances of my one-man play, "Molière than Thou" this Friday (probably today, as you read this) at 6:00 and 8:00 pm Central Time. (I'm cracking open the champagne for my 8:00 show, so it may be a wild ride.)

The 6:00 show is being hosted by Elon University in North Carolina, but they've given me permission to open up the event to any teachers who may want to preview a performance. If any of you would like to check it out, please drop me a note and I'll send you the super-secret code to get in!

The 8:00 show is for my own personal satisfaction. Tickets are available for $5, but again, I'm happy to let faculty "in the door" with a simple request to my email.

Also, I'm continuing to upload my "explainer videos" most weeks, and I just uploaded a new one: "Shakespeare vs. Molière" to my channel at www.YouTube.com/Molierelover .

I hope you can join me!

Tim Mooney

Tim_mooney@earthlink.net

Timmooneyrep.com

------------------------------
    Tim Mooney
    www.timmooneyrep.com
    www.moliere-in-english.com

• 2.  RE: Moliere turns 399!

Posted 01-15-2021 06:54

Tim,
    I teach a fall semester course:Drama as Literature. In it, I use The Imaginary Invalid. I'd love a preview of your show.

Thanks,
    Dorothea Hackett
    dhackett@dubois.school

Dorothea Hackett
    DuBois Area Senior High School
    Troupe 6949
    DuBois, PA