Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Support

Posted 11-11-2020 14:22
    Hello,

For the first time in the 34+ years I have been the Drama Club sponsor at my school, I have had to cancel a show.  It was not due to Covid but due to a tragic accident involving our female lead.  Although she is physically recuperating, she is going through a very difficult time. For privacy, I will not go into the details.   We were about 1 1/2 weeks from opening our fall musical.  We are a small rural school and do not have a large enough club to have understudies, so the music director and I felt we had little choice.  We also do not want to replace her as she has worked exttemely hard on this show.  We hope our lead will feel able to do the show sometime this coming spring, but for now we are giving her the time she needs for physical and psychological healing, and we have cancelled the show.

I guess I am writing to ask that you keep this young lady and her family and our music and drama departments in your thoughts and prayers as they and we deal with the recent events.  I know you are a caring group or you wouldn't be teachers and directors.  

Thank you,

Ken Robinson

------------------------------
    Kenneth Robinson
    Drama Club Sponsor
    Wapahani High School
    Selma IN

• 2.  RE: Support

Posted 11-12-2020 09:45
    🙏❤️🙏 What a difficult time.....prayers for you, your lead and your drama program.

Joni McLeod
    MS Theatre Director, retired
    Mt Pleasant, SC

• 3.  RE: Support

Posted 11-12-2020 13:11
    Hi Ken. I am praying for you, your student and your entire community. Please let me know if your school will accept donations to help offset the cost of your production that you needed to cancel. And also, if your student needs financial help medically I would like to help. We are all in this together and I would like to help however I can. Feel free to private message me at pmaranian@nmusd.us.

Praying for peace in this difficult time.

Pauline Maranian
    Estancia HS
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Troupe 1224

• 4.  RE: Support

Posted 11-12-2020 14:00
    Dear Ken,

I am so sorry to hear about this and will keep your student in my prayers!

With COVID consuming so much of the news, it's hard to remember that bad accidents and other tragic events still happen, and they're even more complicated now because of COVID. Thank goodness teens are so resilient and strong! I have no doubt that you and your entire drama club will give this brave young woman the support and love she needs to recover fully and come back strong!

Best wishes to all of you,

Debra Fendrich
    Pioneer Drama Service
    Debra@pioneerdrama.com

• 5.  RE: Support

Posted 11-13-2020 08:52
    This sounds like a difficult time for your school, students, and staff. It also sounds like you have been thoughtful and considerate in how best to handle the situation, and our drama club sends its supports to yours. May your young performer feel the good thoughts of people around the country coming her way.

Julie Hanisch
    English/Drama Teacher
    Mukwonago WI