Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  ShowTix vs BookTix

Posted 02-07-2017 13:56
    I've been reading a lot of great testimonials for BookTix as an online box office option.  We are currently using ShowTix4u.com.  Has anyone used both?  I'm thinking of switching.  Trying to compare the rates/fees seems to be an apples-to-oranges situation-they don't really align the same.  Can anyone comment on their take-home from using both?  Does BookTix allow credit card refunds?  This is always a problem for me on ShowTix.  Any other considerations?

Thanks in advance!

Josh

------------------------------
    Josh Belk
    Director of Theatre
    Palmer Ridge High School
    Monument, CO

• 2.  RE: ShowTix vs BookTix

Posted 02-08-2017 09:01
    I am using BookTix for the first time this weekend.  Our pre-sales have been slow and steady.  But I expect that to change with future shows.

I never have used ShowTix.  But I can say that all of my questions about BookTix were answered quickly, even on a weekend!  It is extremely customizable as well.

As for refunds, you can do that.  However, if it's a CC refund, you will have to account for the bank fees that are charged on the refund transaction.  I believe you can levy that against the patron, or you can eat the cost.  I just say no refunds, which makes things easier on me.  On my landing page I have a notice that says to pay attention to what you are buying because there are no refunds.

Raymond Palasz
    Auditorium Director/Director of Theatre
    Schererville IN

• 3.  RE: ShowTix vs BookTix

Posted 02-12-2017 07:24
    Hello,

We use Vendini and love them. They have tremendous customer support and we really have the freedoms to design and run the ticket sales for our production.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 4.  RE: ShowTix vs BookTix

Posted 02-12-2017 10:28
    I swear by BookTix and their customer service. Been with them for over four years and have no desire to switch. I would go with BookTix!!!

---------------------------------
    Scott Cooney

Medford Lakes NJ
    ---------------------------------

• 5.  RE: ShowTix vs BookTix

Posted 02-13-2017 09:34
    We love Showtix4U!!! They have been amazing with quick customer service and very user friendly.  I highly recommend them!!

Vicki Kirkley
    McKinney Boyd High School
    McKinney Texas