Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Support for drama show fall

Posted 08-21-2019 10:45

Good Morning,

To whom it may concern:

I am the drama teacher at Plantation High School.  I am in the process of producing a student performed play on campus for the month of December before the school closes for winter break.  I have many ideas but would like to do something in the realm of a scary type atmosphere.  Could you please provide me with a few scary stories or authors of scary stories that would draw interest from my students, and at the same time, draw a crowd from both the student body and surrounding community?

I really appreciate any and all assistance that you may provide.

Best Regards, 

Valeria Aquino. Drama Teacher

Plantation High School

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses, and all communications, including e-mail communications, made or received in connection with the transaction of School Board business are public records, which must be retained as required by law and must be disclosed upon receipt of a public records request, except as may be excluded by federal or state laws.  If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. The School Board County, Florida, expressly prohibits bullying, including cyber bullying by or towards any student or employee.  See Policy 5.9:  Anti-bullying for additional information.

• 2.  RE: Support for drama show fall

Posted 08-21-2019 12:00
    We've done a lot of "scary" scripts. They are always lots of fun and draw a good crowd. Here are some of our most popular:

Dracula by William McNulty
    Lady Dracula by Tim Telly
    Frankenstein by R.N. Sandberg
    The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Noah Smith (one of my favorites)
    Jack the Ripper:Monster of Whitechapel by Joe Dickenson

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Support for drama show fall

Posted 08-22-2019 11:41
    TRAP by Stephen Gregg
    "One Lane Bridge" by Stephen Gregg

Jacquelyn Thompson-Mercer
    Bakersfield CA

• 4.  RE: Support for drama show fall

Posted 08-22-2019 13:03
    We performed the play version of Night of the Living Dead, a few years ago. We had ushers dress up like zombies and lead audience members down a spooky hallway prior to entering the performance space. They had to walk through the graveyard to get to their seats - it was immersive and tons of fun.
    There are some Edgar Allan Poe scripts out there, but I've never done any of them.
    Best wishes!

• 5.  RE: Support for drama show fall

Posted 09-09-2019 20:15
    Rob, we are doing Night of the Living Dead right now for our fall play. Can you share what you did for blood?  Did you use any squibs for the gunshot wounds on Ben and the corpse with the police in the final scenes?  Thanks awfully much. - Julie Hanisch, Mukwonago

Julie Hanisch
    English/Drama Teacher
    Mukwonago WI