Open Forum

View Only

Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

• 1.  Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-18-2014 20:11
    Does anyone use Seat yourself for ticket sales? What is the rate? How has your experience been with it? Would any of you recommend any other ticket sale sites as well? ------------------------------------------- Nicole Pedroche Drama Teacher Covina CA -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 08:26
    I use ShowTix4U (www.Showtix4u.com).  My parents like how they are able to pick the exact seat they want and the customer service is fantastic.  There was a rather lengthy discussion about online ticket sales a little while back.  Go to the search box and type "ticket" and I'm sure you will find it.

-------------------------------------------
    [William] [Myatt] [Drama Director]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 3.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 08:37
    We just started using Seat Yourself for our current fall play - "The Plot, Like Gravy, Thickens" by Billy St John- I have a student who is working on a Theatre Marketing IE, and she wanted to try something new to hopefully increase ticket sales.  With a lesser-known play with a cheesy title - she needed to do something! ;-)

I required her to be a part of setting it all up - but ultimately, it was registered to my school email address, etc - so I had to be the one to do the final checklist of "is your site ready to go live" - but I was able to send emails when questions arose, and got quick answers that helped me.

There are many options out there - fees seem to relatively similar, from what we could tell.   

Last fall, we raised our ticket prices to $6 students/ $8 adults (to match the musical pricing) - but with the 50 cent per ticket surcharge for Seat Yourself, we decided to go back to the $5/$7 pricing from the year before.  Hoping that the convenience of online purchasing & a lower price might increase volume overall.

So far, we have been pleased with the number of people who have used the online system. I still have order forms to send in the "old-fashioned" way.   I designated certain rows of seats only available for online sales (rows LMNOP in the left/center/right - all three sections - and good seats!)

Ultimately, we picked Seat Yourself because we wanted to support a business that supports EDTA. 

Melissa Mintzer
    Penn Manor HS
    Millersville PA

• 4.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 11:10

Does seat yourself allow you have customers print their tickets, or are they all handled at will call?

Nicole Pedroche
    Drama Teacher
    Covina CA

• 5.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-20-2014 10:03
    Patrons can print their tickets

Faye Ryan
    Fine Arts Chair/Theatre Director
    Chicago IL

• 6.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 08:56
    We have used Seat Yourself for three years now and they have been fantastic to work with.  I've had a couple very odd seating arrangements as my venues have been updated (including a dinner theatre event), and they were very accommodating and helpful each time. Payment has also been prompt.

As a side note, this year our district is not allowing us to use any outside vendors to handle incoming monies due to new state regulations.  Therefore, I have to abandon Seat Yourself.  :-(  Anybody have any suggestions for handling box office another way?  I'm a two-year junior high so I don't have a continuous enough parent base to have parents that really know what they are doing each year...

Jason Coats
    Kansas City MO

• 7.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 09:55

I've used them for many years and have been totally satisfied with their service as well as their prices.  
    Faye Ryan
    Fine Arts Chair/Theatre Director
    Chicago IL

• 8.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 11:17
    Is there anyway to have students pay trip fees, workshop costs and costuming costs on seat yourself? I like that there is an option for that on ShowTix.

Nicole Pedroche
    Drama Teacher
    Covina CA

• 9.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-19-2014 21:18
    We use Brown Paper Tickets for on line ticket sales.

Phillip Rayher
    Director, Theatre Dept.
    Ruth Asawa San Francisco School of the Arts
    San Francisco CA

• 10.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 11-21-2014 22:37
    I've used Arts People for all online ticketing, season tickets, and flex passes for eight years. They are a national ticketing company, but just happen to be local for Portland and in my school's neighborhood. They are terrific. They can give you pricing based on your needs. They offer multiple services. Website: https://www.arts-people.com/

Jo Strom Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR

• 11.  RE: Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 01-01-2015 02:53

Can't say enough about Seat Yourself! I have used them for years. People love the option to choose their seats. Everything is set up by our House Manager (an office in our club). I have a hotmail account for the club and, during the show, I give the House Manager the password so s/he can deal with all of the emails. Love it.
    Helen Dixon
    Oakley CA

• 12.  RE:Seat yourself and similar ticket websites

Posted 01-01-2015 22:26
    Arts People is fantastic. Another thread with the same information was posted earlier with additional information in case you want more suggestions. :)

Jo Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile