Open Forum

Β View Only
  • 1.  Acting Teacher Studio (Online Resources for Teachers!)

Posted 02-10-2017 20:20
    I thought I'd share a wonderful new website that I came across that is an excellent resource for high school theatre and acting teachers. It's called the Acting Teacher Studio and it seems to have been created specifically for high school theatre instructors. I signed up and am really impressed with the content and information. The website is actingteacherstudio.com. Here is a short list of some of the content covered:

Video Lessons in: Personalization Technique, Shakespeare Exercises, Acting the Song, Creating Ensemble, Rehearsal Methods, Scene Work, Vocal Techniques, Working With the Breath, Acting For the Camera, Stage Combat, Relaxation Techniques, Performance Stress Reduction, Healthy Voice Strategies, Approaches to Monologues, College Prep Tips, Unleashing the Text, Endowing of Objects on Stage, and more.

Plus you get four free acting books.

Sorry if this seems like an advertisement but I thought it was something that would interest everyone as I know we are always looking to better ourselves as teachers so we can provide the best training possible for our students.

All the best!

---------------------------------
    Scott Cooney

Medford Lakes NJ
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Acting Teacher Studio (Online Resources for Teachers!)

Posted 02-13-2017 10:08
    Is there a  fee associated?

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Acting Teacher Studio (Online Resources for Teachers!)

Posted 02-13-2017 14:45
    The web site lists a one-time $19.95 fee for EdTA members, $29.95 for everyone else.

C. J. Breland
    Asheville High School
    Asheville NC

• 4.  RE: Acting Teacher Studio (Online Resources for Teachers!)

Posted 02-14-2017 08:57
    This is a terrific resource.  Larry Silverberg is an excellent teacher who focuses well on student growth.  The videos are accessible and of a reasonable length.  Each video covers a limited topic so they're not overwhelming.  They're pretty good.

Rick Osann
    Theatre Teacher
    Maine Chapter Director
    Standish, ME

• 5.  RE: Acting Teacher Studio (Online Resources for Teachers!)

Posted 02-15-2017 05:54
    I too would encourage teachers and directors to check out the Acting Teacher Studio. I admit I have not spent much time there yet but every visit has been informative and inspirational. Highly recommend it!!!

Tamara Plasterer
    Artistic Director, Fine Arts Dept. Chair.
    Padua Franciscan High School
    Parma OH

• 6.  RE: Acting Teacher Studio (Online Resources for Teachers!)

Posted 02-17-2017 23:50
    Ditto! It's a really valuable resource & a great bargain too. It's like PD in pocket-sized bits for those with little time. 😁

Jeana Whitaker
    Theatre Director
    Mesa AZ