Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 12-15-2015 13:56

Hello, Everyone! 

The theater company I work for is working to increase it's presence in terms of education. I am going to start "educating" our audiences via our online presence on the importance of Theater Education and how education in the arts can help students. I am looking for interesting articles, videos, quotes, or anything else about the value of theater education that I could begin posting! I have a nice list myself, but I know that the collective mind here will have TONS of resources! 

Post away! 

------------------------------
    Sara Phillips

• 2.  RE: Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 12-16-2015 20:48

Sara--

Best advice I have--Do a search on PINTEREST. My students have created boards of great theatre quotes--too many list here. Pinterest. Try it and see.

Rosalind Flynn
    Head of the M.A. in Theatre Education
    The Catholic University of America
    Washington DC

• 3.  RE: Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 12-17-2015 16:01

Sara., please consider using EdTA's downloadable Did you Know ads as a resource for educating your audiences. You can find them in our Advocacy page in the Local section.  

James Palmarini
    Director of Educational Policy
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 12-18-2015 19:11

Thanks, folks! 

The Pinterest page was full of great stuff, and I am working on convincing my Managing Director to include some of the Did You Knows in our future programs! 

Sara Phillips

• 5.  RE: Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 12-21-2015 13:46

Look at the blog posts in the following link:

http://www.theatreface.com/profiles/blog/list?tag=Arts

Erich Friend
    Theatre Consultant
    Teqniqal Systems

• 6.  RE: Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 01-04-2016 22:05

If you check out EdTA or the International Thespian Officer's Facebook or Twitter pages, you can find some great articles and website links there as well.  We often update our social media platforms with articles and theatre-noteworthy information, so feel free to search for and follow the International Thespian Officers!

Grace Alt
    ITO Vice Chair
    Wyndmoor PA

• 7.  RE: Theater Education Quotes or Articles

Posted 01-06-2016 07:36

HI there, 

To celebrate Love Theatre Day in October, we gave away some hand-drawn theatre quotes to all who love theatre. It proved so popular that we are continuing to give away a new free quote every 2 weeks. Perhaps they would be useful on your facebook page - feel free to download and use as you wish! They're free for all! 

https://www.theatrelove.com/

Also - we post regular articles about theatre in schools and communities for directors and playwrights  - http://blog.treepress.org/blog/december-blog-posts

Hope this is useful - and the best of luck! 

Adrienne 

Adrienne Ferguson
    Creative Director
    TreePress
    London. United Kingdom
    adrienne@treepress.org

www.treepress.org
    Making theatre easily accessible for everyone, everywhere.