Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  ITF Student/Parent Info letter

Posted 05-14-2018 12:17
    Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of an information letter for students/parents for attending ITF they would be willing to share?  Mostly letting students/parents know what to expect over the course of the trip, what to pack and so on.

This is my first time ever going to festival, so I don't completely know what to expect myself!

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Derek Friederich
    Thespian Troupe 417/Speech Coach/Jr. High Drama/Fine Arts Center Technical Director
    Postville IA

• 2.  RE: ITF Student/Parent Info letter

Posted 05-15-2018 15:47
    Hi Derek,

My suggestion is that you have your parents and students go to the International Thespian Festival home page:
    Home - International Thespian Festival 2018.  If they click on any of the headers they will find lots of information about the event.  Specifically they should click on Logistics which will offer a list of what to pack, information about the schedule, security, and more.  For a great look at what the week will be like, on the Festival's home page, on the right is the full program from last year's event.  The titles will all change, but the basic structure of the week will be the same.

I hope that helps.

Nancy

Nancy Brown
    Director of Educational Programs
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: ITF Student/Parent Info letter

Posted 05-17-2018 14:27
    Hello!
    I give my parents a letter in the beginning that they sign off of about attending the trip and I show them a PowerPoint. Then mid-year I give them a fundraising calendar. At the end I give them a final paper with details. If you email me, I can share all of it. Clittle@trschools.com

---------------------------------
    Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ
    ---------------------------------