Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Boosters?

Posted 07-04-2016 21:58
    The school I teach at has a pretty large Fine Arts Booster organization.  It has been very supportive of the bands but has been underutilized by the other fine art areas.  I'd like to form a stronger collaboration with them but have no idea where to start,  
    Any insight to how others work this tricky relationship would be awesome~

• 2.  RE: Boosters?

Posted 07-05-2016 10:12
    How many theatre parents are members of the Booster Club? I would start by reaching out to those parents and engaging their help. 
    If you don't have theatre parents who are already members, then you start with a membership drive!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• 3.  RE: Boosters?

Posted 07-05-2016 12:15

I don't know what a Boosters Club is (I'm not a teacher), so this may not be much help, but here's what I would do in a case like this.

1. Make a quick list of exactly how they are supporting other programs at your school. That'll give me a place to start.

2. Figure out which of those they could do for the drama program.

3. Figure out what else they could do for the drama program that they may not be doing for someone else.

4. Figure out what, if anything, the drama program could do for them in return.

5. Go talk to them about the drama program and exactly how they could boost it, and/or how they and you could support each other.

------------------------------
    George F. Ledo
    Set designer
    www.setdesignandtech.wordpress.com
    www.georgefledo.net