Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  TV Show Adaptation

Posted 03-02-2020 09:39
    I want to get an episode of The Twilight Zone adapted for the stage, but I don't know how to go about that let alone who to contact because there are a few episodes that I know for fact that would make foe some incredible theatre.   Does anyone know how to go about that?

------------------------------
    Rick Gutierrez
    World Languages Institute
    Fort Worth, TX
    "Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."
    -Alan Rickman

• 2.  RE: TV Show Adaptation

Posted 03-03-2020 08:09
    This may be discouraging, but read this article:  https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-twilight-zone-play-how-the-stories-were-selected/

The lead talks about how picky the licensers are about allowing adaptations, and how long it took one of London's major professional theatres to arrange stage rights.

Jeff Grove
    Theatre Teacher, Aesthetics Department Chair
    Stanton College Preparatory School
    Jacksonville FL

• 3.  RE: TV Show Adaptation

Posted 03-03-2020 19:54
    Hi, 
      There are some episodes that can be adapted. We did an evening of Twilight Zone. If I remember correctly CBS holds the rights. All of the episodes that Rod Selling wrote are or weren't available when we did it. I worked with my students to develop the stories we chose into one acts. We used any lines in the stories in the play. I can see if I can find our scripts, it was a long time ago but I might have it.
    Cathy

Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 4.  RE: TV Show Adaptation

Posted 03-04-2020 10:53
    There is actually a play called The Twilight Zone. I have the script. 

https://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Zone-Oberon-Modern-Plays/dp/1786824000/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Twilight+Zone%2C+the+play&qid=1583337142&sr=8-2

William Dawson
    Professional Speech and Theatre Educator, Director
    Waterloo Community Schools
    Waterloo IA

• 5.  RE: TV Show Adaptation

Posted 03-04-2020 14:59
    I have done the Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" and was able to secure a free license to perform at a local high school theatre festival. I went through CBS. Message me for the contact who granted us the rights. She was the EVP & GM of CBS Consumer Products.

Summer Heartt
    Theatre Arts - Teacher/Director
    American Canyon High School
    American Canyon, California, USA