Open Forum

View Only

Monologue List (Free to Edit)

• 1.  Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 07-17-2015 01:07

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G_IfiHzBc1R4aezQx8byzebwsny6DyAn_J-4XGVa4kE/edit?usp=sharing

So here is a list of monologues.  There are four sheets, contemporary Male and Female, and Classical male and female. 

It is not done but it is set up on Google Docs and can be edited by anyone, in fact, please do add.  I talked to a few people and posting the monologues on the list would violate copywrite issues.  But the list can serve as a source of plays monologues are from.  I will also be willing to answer questions about particular monologues. I have already put on there.  I will also work on trying to add more categories to the document if it seems that it might help narrow down monologues that would work for individuals.

My students have filled out the monologue information sheets that I posted in the library on about a fifth of these.  What I am doing is having my students continue to fill out the papers and create a file at school so they have monologues to pull from.  As my students come across more monologues I will add to the list.

Hopefully this does help find monologues.

------------------------------
    Alan Strait
    Teacher
    CCSD
    Henderson NV

• 2.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 07-18-2015 22:18

Wow. This is where I want my own list to be! You've just saved me about 5 years work!

And now I have to go investigate these monologues! Loved the listing of the Shakespeare options under Classics. Also noted: more male monologues than female. Hmm, discussion about gender bias in the theatre world? Can open, worms everywhere, to quote Chandler Bing...

Great work, Alan! Thanks for sharing. I'm stealing forthwith.

Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Hillsborough County Schools
    Ruskin FL

• 3.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 07-19-2015 13:54

Hi Alan,

This is an incredible list!!! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I added a few from my (much shorter) list. Forgive me, I don't have the names of the characters or scenes noted. Also, I'm not sure how you wanted to alphabetize the list, so I just added the Authors and Titles at the end of the list (I've just added to the female classical list so far). I will continue to add to the other categories.

Thank you so much Alan. Extremely generous of you to share your hard work.
    Josh Adell
    North Hollywood CA

• 4.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 07-23-2015 09:08

Thank you for your generosity in sharing!!!

Rosalind Allen Enciso
    Agoura Hills CA

• 5.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-14-2015 13:19

Thank you so much for this.

Kelly McCain
    Addison TX

• 6.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-15-2015 07:56

There's also the beginnings of a database of scenes/musical numbers for monologues AND duet scenes, solo songs, ensemble scenes, etc.

Please feel free to steal and add to as your knowledge grows!
    Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Hillsborough County Schools
    Ruskin FL

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-16-2015 05:39

Alan, thanks for sharing!

I started my own list several years ago, and I try to add to it each year.  I think my Fall Break will be spent adding mine to yours so our collaborative list grows.

I don't see any copyright violation in this list, by the way.  It's not being performed, we are just making a list.  Just like with us sharing titles of good plays to perform in various circumstances. 

Thanks again, Alan!

Raymond Palasz
    Schererville IN

• 8.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-18-2015 11:59

Thank you so much for the monologue list. I just had a student ask for some monologues for college auditions and this helped a ton. Much appreciated :)

Sara Danke
    Wisconsin Rapids WI

• 9.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-19-2015 05:34
      |   view attached

Here is what I had started.  I will be working to add this to Alan's Doc over the next few weeks.

Raymond Palasz
    Schererville IN

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    IE catalog.xlsx   28 KB 1 version

• 10.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-24-2015 08:14

Alan,

I was wondering, as I look to merge my selections with yours, could we add to your Google Doc tabs for duet scenes, musical pieces, etc., that could be used for NIES?  I have several already from my list, and it would be amazing if our collective brains were able to assemble a comprehensive list!

Ray

Raymond Palasz
    English/Theatre Faculty; Thespian Troupe Director
    Lake Central High School
    Schererville IN

• 11.  RE:Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 10-25-2015 11:56
    Go for it, the more information out there the more it can help. I didn't do the songs because I've been using musicaltheatersongs.com, but it could be helpful for others. I am going to go through and update the list at winter break, but feel free to add more tabs if you wish.

---------------------------------
    Alan Strait
    Teacher
    CCSD
    Henderson NV
    ---------------------------------

• 12.  RE: Monologue List (Free to Edit)

Posted 08-29-2022 09:46
    This list is no longer active. Do you have a current list you might be willing to share?

Jason Peck
    Theatre Director
    The Benjamin School
    FL