Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thespian Points

Posted 02-07-2017 00:06
    Hello!

I am a student that has been very involved in my theatre program during my high school career. During that time we have had several changes in director and because of that, a loss of the system of recording and submitting points for thespian honors. Luckily I have a record of all of my hours and points that I should have received. Is it still possible to submit them now my senior year or dies point submitting reset on a yearly basis?

---------------------------------
    Timothy Meylor

Lafayette CO
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Thespian Points

Posted 02-07-2017 22:07
    I am confused by your question.

Thespian points are kept by the Troupe Director but as far as I know do not get submitted tot he home office.

I hope you encounter much luck in getting your points recognized even with the changing of directors.

------------------------------
    Mark A. Zimmerman,

Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Firestone Community Learning center
    460 Castle Blvd
    Akron, Ohio 44313

Troupe 5570

mzimmerm@apslearn.org

• 3.  RE: Thespian Points

Posted 02-08-2017 09:34
    Every director has their own system of recording points. My students are responsible for keeping track of their own points. The points do not "disappear" after a year. They accumulate throughout your time in high school. The points aren't submitted to the home office. The only time you are submitted to the home office is for induction. It sounds like you need to have a conversation with your troupe director, and ask how they are keeping track of points. Hope this helps.

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    New Orleans LA

• 4.  RE: Thespian Points

Posted 02-08-2017 23:02

Timothy,

We do not keep an official record of points earned at the National Office. You may submit your records to your current drama director or Thespian troupe director, as points do accumulate from year to year. Thespians can earn honor ranks and scholar distinction, (e.g. an honor Thespian is an inducted Thespian that has earned 60 or more points, and a scholar distinction is an inducted Thespian who has a 3.0 GPA). Thespian ranks and scholar distinction are assigned by the Thespian troupe director on each student’s record online.

You can find more details about the honor ranks and scholar distinction in the Thespian Troupe Handbook.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Tammy Schneider
    Assistant Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH