Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thespian Constitution

Posted 11-27-2013 10:01
    Hello,
    Our Thespian troupe needs to write a constitution. I assume many of you have gone through this process, and I would love to take a look at another troupe's constitution. Would anyone be willing to send an electronic copy? Our troupe thanks you in advance:) abaradic@wickenburg.k12.az.us

-------------------------------------------
    Ann Baradic, M.A. 
    Wickenburg HS Theater Director

• 2.  RE:Thespian Constitution

Posted 12-03-2013 10:57

Hi, Ann

More and more troupes are doing everything they can to make their constitutions as accessible as possible, so that students, parents, faculty, and administration all know in advance what is expected and how things work. One way they do that is to post them online as PDFs. That's a huge help to you, too, because there are dozens of troupe constitutions you can review just by doing a web search for "troupe constitution."  Some are better than others, but that will give you plenty to pick and choose from.

If you have questions or would like some feedback on specific provisions you're considering, I'm always happy to help! 

Brian Benz
    Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 3.  RE:Thespian Constitution

Posted 12-04-2013 07:12
    Our constitution is of course an evolving document. You can find the current version online at www.FirestoneTheatre.com. We initially based it on the smaple constitution provided by the home office but have shaped it for our continuing needs. We have a constitutional meeting each year in May so that changes may be suggested and ratified.

Mark A Zimmerman
    Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Akron Public Schools

• 4.  RE:Thespian Constitution

Posted 12-05-2013 08:29
    What a great example of how members can help each other by uploading documents to the community library! Love it!

David LaFleche
    Director Of Membership

• 5.  RE: Thespian Constitution

Posted 06-03-2018 21:15
    I would like to see other troupes constitutions but am having trouble finding them in the library. What are some of the changes to the template you made? Please email me any versions you wish to share to SapulpaDrama@gmail.com

thank yoU!

------------------------------
    Haley Brooks
    Sapulpa OK

• 6.  RE: Thespian Constitution

Posted 06-04-2018 09:16

I went to the library, within community, and found 2 troupe constitution examples on page 51 of the library. With 601 entries, it takes a bit to get there. I hope that helps.

David

David LaFleche
    Director of Membership
    Cincinnati OH

• 7.  RE:Thespian Constitution

Posted 12-06-2013 10:19

Thank you! Excellent suggestion:)
    Ann Baradic