Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Musical Suggestions - Revue Style

Posted 08-21-2020 11:40
    UGH!

I had the PERFECT plan! I had the great idea to do Working (the Revised version) as a streaming musical. We would film on location at different places in our town and use pictures of local essential workers. A great way to honor those who often get overlooked and celebrate what they are doing for our communities during the pandemic. Perfect, right? 

I asked my rep, but unfortunately MTI isn't allowing it to be one of their streaming musicals. With in person school being on again off again, I thought this was a great solution. Now I'm looking for something else that is revue style so we can produce a show this fall regardless of whether or not we're in person. Most of the revues I know of are just straight songs or have scenes (not monologues) that require performers to be in the same space. 

I'm hoping that someone else has a brilliant suggestion that would allow for individual performances on location or at home, with monologues interspersed. Uplifting message that works for a "commercial" audience. Anyone?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Musical Suggestions - Revue Style

Posted 08-23-2020 19:26
    I really love this idea for found spaces for "Working." So sorry it didn't work out with streaming. Another review style show that is similar is Fugitive Songs by Tyson and Miller (Tuck Everlasting). It might also work for your cool location idea as Concord says this about the setting: "A collection of confined spaces that eventually open up to the open road." To my knowledge, this show does not have monologues in it. It is more of a "song cycle" than a musical. Here is the link: https://www.concordtheatricals.com/p/56741/fugitive-songs#:~:text=Fugitive%20Songs%20is%20a%2019,%2C%20book%20writers%2C%20and%20lyricists.

------------------------------
    Matthew Jewett
    Wyiming MI
    ------------------------------