Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Watch Palmyra Area High School's Production of Twentieth Century this Weekend (Discount Code Included!)

Posted 11-06-2020 21:39
    Looking for some comedy this weekend? PHS is proud to present Ken Ludwig's Twentieth Century. We're using BookTix to stream, and I'm happy to share with anyone how the experience has gone and what we've learned along the way. 

WATCH THE 2020 FALL PLAY TWENTIETH CENTURY FROM YOUR HOME! DISCOUNT CODE: PalmyraTheatre

STREAMING TIMES: Saturday, Nov. 7 at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. AND Sunday, Nov. 8 at 2 p.m., 4 p.m., and 7 p.m.

HOW DOES THE STREAMING WORK: Purchase your online ticket prior to show time, and you'll receive an email with the streaming link.

SHOW SYNOPSIS: Who doesn't need a little comedy these days? Set in March 1933 on the Twentieth Century Limited, a train from Chicago to NYC, Broadway ballyhoo meets Hollywood hustle. The comedy centers around Oscar Jaffe, theatre producer, who will do anything to get his ex-gal and great actress Lily Garland's signature on a contract for his latest play. He lies, cheats, and even pretends to be dying. Trying to make sense of the chaos are his longtime assistants Webb and O'Malley. Other hilarious characters include George, Lily's latest guy, Max (another ex- and producer), and a religious enthusiast who has escaped from an institution.

------------------------------
    Jasmine Bucher
    Musical Director
    Palmyra PA

• 2.  RE: Watch Palmyra Area High School's Production of Twentieth Century this Weekend (Discount Code Included!)

Posted 11-07-2020 09:10
    I'd love to hear more about your experience!

We are steaming a show this weekend also ... using Broadway on Demand (because that is the company chosen by the rights holders - side note  I find this practice very frustrating).

With running three shows in a row tomorrow- are they prerecorded or are they performing 3 times in a row ??

Do you have to wear masks on stage ?

I am pleased with how our show turned out (Vintage Hitchcock: a radio play) but our attendance was down significantly and the costs of streaming through BoD were very high compared with other streaming companies I've looked at.

Toni Thomas
    English Teacher, Theatre Director
    West Branch MI

• 3.  RE: Watch Palmyra Area High School's Production of Twentieth Century this Weekend (Discount Code Included!)

Posted 11-08-2020 08:09
    Hi Jasmine, and Toni

Having just finished my One Act 12 Angry Villains by Jason Paizzarello I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I know the blood sweat and tears it took to make your show happen. 

Break A Leg!

Laura

Laura Rizzo
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Miami Country Day School
    Miami FL