Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  R&H Refund

Posted 06-04-2018 21:38
    Hi Everyone! My school just finished Cinderella at the beginning of May. I sent all materials back to R & H and have a verification from UPS that the package was accepted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to get the $400 deposit back from R&H after materials are returned? Has anyone ever dealt with them regarding this? TIA!

------------------------------
    Gina Barber
    TV Production/Theatre Teacher
    Engelwood FL

• 2.  RE: R&H Refund

Posted 06-05-2018 06:33
    Hey there.

Yes...if all materials were returned then you should received your deposit check (or some of the deposit based on the condition of the materials) back. However it generally takes more than one month.  You may not get it back till the end of June. At least that's been my experience.

Michael Rozell
    Producer/Director
    Belle Vernon Area High School
    Belle Vernon, PA

• 3.  RE: R&H Refund

Posted 06-05-2018 11:53
    Yes, as long as you returned within the window they specify. It can take a long time, though. You're smart to keep track of this - it's easy to forget about. If you paid the deposit on a school credit card, it may have been credited there. Contact them if you haven't received it within a few weeks' time.

• 4.  RE: R&H Refund

Posted 06-05-2018 12:02
    In my experience, they are not very quick to do this. A month, at least. And they will deduct for missing or damaged materials.

Michael Corliss
    Livonia MI

• 5.  RE: R&H Refund

Posted 06-05-2018 13:41
    They also usually deduct the shipping costs from your deposit (to send the materials to you), unless you specifiy a different way to pay for that in advance. We have sometimes waited almost 6 months to see whatever deposit we get back.

Jody Hanna
    Newport OR

• 6.  RE: R&H Refund

Posted 06-06-2018 09:11
    ​Hi Gina,

They are notoriously slow. We had the same issue with Cinderella. Have you reached out?

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School