Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Drama Online vs. Digital Theatre Plus?

Posted 08-02-2018 22:53
    Anyone have firsthand experience with these two subscription services? I'm looking for an honest comparison to see which would be better for a comprehensive resource.

------------------------------
    Nathan Emmons
    Theatre Director
    The Bishop's School

• 2.  RE: Drama Online vs. Digital Theatre Plus?

Posted 08-03-2018 08:21
    Greetings!
    Honestly, I don't use either, however I'm a longtime member of the Drama Teachers Academy. It's run by Theatrefolk and the lessons, podcasts, and resources, etc. are great.

Cheers,

William Eyerly

William J. Eyerly, Ph. D, Ed. D
    Director of Fine & Performing Arts
    Academic Dean
    Canterbury School
    Executive Director
    Gainesville Association for the Creative Arts
    Fort Myers, FL

• 3.  RE: Drama Online vs. Digital Theatre Plus?

Posted 08-04-2018 12:26
    I also recommend Drama Teacher Academy. But I create lessons for them. One of mine is Marketing the Arts and am currently working on two courses on Director's Toolbox: Teaching Students to Direct.

James Van Leishout
    Olympia WA

• 4.  RE: Drama Online vs. Digital Theatre Plus?

Posted 07-15-2020 15:33
    Did you ever make a choice?  Am currently looking at them both now.

Scott Bier
    Whittier, CA

"Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back."

• 5.  RE: Drama Online vs. Digital Theatre Plus?

Posted 07-16-2020 14:01

I would be remiss if I didn't point out the resources that come with EdTA membership in the online learning center at Theatre Educator Pro.   You can tour a sampling of the features here

In addition to a lesson plan bank, webinars, courses curriculum and model assessment units, we have recently added guides to online teaching and creating virtual performances that combine tutorials with webinars and other resources and links.  TE Pro also features online curriculum all prepackaged with everything you need- handouts, web links, rubrics and more.  These can be used for student independent work or as tools for teaching either synchronously or asynchronously.   Everything is free of charge to members and many features are being offered free as a service to the field.  Check it out!  Feel free to email me at cwilkerson@schooltheatre.org if you have questions or would like a tour. 

Cory Wilkerson - EdTA Education Manager 

Cory Wilkerson
    Education Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Palmyra PA

• 6.  RE: Drama Online vs. Digital Theatre Plus?

Posted 07-21-2020 09:04
    I really love Digital Theatre Plus.  I believe it was intended for older students, especially college.  There is a password that will filter out any content, however just the complex nature of the interview questions and answers lend toward older students.  

It was excellent PD for me, however!  I very much enjoy the shows and the resource.  I have used it often in my HS classes.  It is also a bit expensive, but they run deals at times.  I have no experience with Drama Online.

Honestly, I have appreciated EdTA so very much for this type of resource, which I came to later.

Margaret Cabrera-Hudgins
    Chattanooga TN