Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 08-31-2017 13:52
    Can anyone recommend a good stage combat instructor to choreograph some fight scenes in my production of Macbeth? I called one woman named Brianna Bass but have not heard back from her. Thanks so much!

------------------------------
    Stephen Ingle
    Drama Teacher
    Jefferson High School
    Jefferson, GA

• 2.  RE: Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 08-31-2017 16:24
    I received some fantastic training from Alexis Black; she's on Facebook.  I can shoot her a message if you'd like or you can search her on FB--Alexis Black, Adams State University Theatre

​Here in middle Tennessee, I'd strongly recommend Eric-Patso Crosby who can be reached here: tennbige@yahoo.com 

Best of luck to you,
    Aaron​

--
    A. W. Miller
    Theatre Arts Director
    I.T.S. Troupe #1523 Director

Private Acting Lessons from Dramedy Acting

All Things Zombie: Original T-Shirts, Games, Movies, and More!

Read: The Sad Man by A. W. Miller

• 3.  RE: Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 09-01-2017 18:01
    Maybe contact the International Stunt School in Mukilteo, WA.  stuntschool.com  Some of you may have heard of David Boushey - I actually took a course from him at college in CA, back in the day - who founded the school.  Then my daughter ended up studying at the school.  But I digress...  My point is... maybe they have some former students who live in your area?

Beth Rand
    High School Theatre Operations Coach

Next HS Theatre Management Training for Drama Teachers online course: Fall Session starts Sept. 11. Spaces still available.

Author of "High School Theatre Operations" and "High School Theatre Safety Manual" and several more books on Amazon.

www.PRESETT.org
    Westminster, CO

• 4.  RE: Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 09-02-2017 08:55
    I notice that you are from Georgia.  Contact The Shakespeare Tavern and Georgia Shakespeare, both housed in Atlanta.  I've heard both will go to schools to work with students.

Valerie Scott
    Drama Teacher/Director
    Perimeter School
    Johns Creek, Ga

• 5.  RE: Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 09-03-2017 10:18
    Ditto on the New Atlanta Shakespeare Tavern.  They are looking to expand their training and out-reach programs for schools  Here's their info: shakespearetavern.com

Also, contact The Atlanta Workshop Players (not too far from you) in Alpharetta, GA.  They conduct workshops in combat and have additional names of teachers that may help you out.

Break a leg.

Josh Ruben, M. Ed.
    Fine Arts Head
    Northwest Whitfield HS (dba, The Northwest Theatre Co.)
    Tunnel Hill, GA

• 6.  RE: Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 09-03-2017 10:41
    I directed a production of Macbeth last year and still have all my choreography notes.   They're difficult and would require lots of time, but I can get you copies.   I don't mind helping out, but like all teachers, I'm super busy.  I'm over at Riverside Military in Gainesville, so we're really close.   Let me know if I can help.

Mike Smith
    Gainesville GA

• 7.  RE: Fight/Stage Combat corrdinator

Posted 09-07-2017 15:03
    You might also contact Scot Mann at Mercer University in Macon. He is a certified instructor with lots of experience. If he can't help you, I'm sure he can recommend someone.

Scot J. Mann
    Associate Professor of Communication and Theatre Arts
    B.A., Mercer University; M.F.A., University of Alabama
    (478) 301-2978
    mann_sj@mercer.edu

Wendy McFarland
    Director of Performing Arts
    Irwin County High School
    Ocilla, GA