Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Social Media Engagement?

Posted 02-28-2022 08:34
    I'm trying to build a social media presence to help with awareness and advertising for our production of Mamma Mia! this spring and was wondering what sorts of things others have done to create interesting and engaging social media content.  So far, we've been posting little snippets from our choreography rehearsals, but I'd like to have more types of content to put out there such as interviews with cast members, behind the scenes, etc.  Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

------------------------------
    Jeremy Grant
    Madison Southern High School
    KY

• 2.  RE: Social Media Engagement?

Posted 03-01-2022 05:33
    We have a pretty strong online presence and for our current show we’ve stepped it up by doing a cast/crew bio for each of the kids … we asked each student to write a one paragraph intro including name, how long they have been involved in the program, and what they like about the show and to send us a picture that they like. We have gotten great feedback from the community.

Check out our page on Facebook Ogemaw Heights Theatrical Troupe for examples.

Toni Thomas
    English & Theatre Teacher & Director
    Ogemaw Heights High School

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: Social Media Engagement?

Posted 03-01-2022 11:28
    Hi Jeremy! There was an article on this topic posted recently on Dramatics.org, here's the link:
    https://dramatics.org/6-fresh-ways-to-promote-your-play/

Hope it helps!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    OH

• 4.  RE: Social Media Engagement?

Posted 03-02-2022 08:03
    Jeremy,
    I used to have the kids do an Instagram account just for our shows, but this year I've taken over the account and tried to use it more for recruiting and program visibility as well. In addition to show information, I do application reminders, the value of theatre, alumni spotlights, etc. Check us out @svgs.theatre and let me know if you have ideas of posts I should add. ​

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Shenandoah Valley Governor's School
    VA