Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Peter and the Starcatchers

Posted 04-05-2019 10:27
    I know many of you have directed Peter and the Starcatchers.  I am wondering a few things prior to taking this on as my fall play.

1) I have read varied opinions about the difficulty of the music/timing.  Is it a beast to do?  

2) Does anyone have any items they used for the show that they would like to sell at a discount? ;-)  I am particularly thinking of lots of shimmery fabric to use as water, and any of the special fx or props that you probably wouldn't use for another show.

3) I would like to expand the cast, and I would like to include more women.  Did any of you have success with this, or did the publisher not allow it?

Thank you for your time.  Happy spring!  :-)

------------------------------
    Lisa Ronca
    Ballard High School
    Huxley, IA

• 2.  RE: Peter and the Starcatchers

Posted 04-09-2019 11:38
    I just did this last fall. I loved it, but it quite honestly was a beast--a big challenge for me as a director and for my kids. I will admit to some frustration at points, but it all came together beautifully. 
    I did expand the cast to about 40. I got permission to do so from the publisher. The timing with the music is A LOT! I would recommend starting it early as possible in the process. 
    I have some fun mermaid costumes that I can send pics of. We rented most of our costuming.

Andrea Gustafson
    Morris IL