Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Performance Assessment

Posted 12-08-2015 15:01

Hello Folks! 

I work as the Educational Outreach Coordinator for a small non-profit theater, and we are currently touring a production to local High Schools. Of course, we are doing a full evaluative experience, with additional workshops offered, etc. 

I am currently in the process of developing a Student Evaluation Form for the kids to fill out after the performance/workshops, (Teacher one is all but done, but any input on what all of you, as classroom educators, would like to say to a company that performed for your students is definitely welcomed and valuable), and would LOVE some input! 

Does anybody have an evaluation form that they use for their students after they see performances? Any questions that you think would be essential to students providing feedback for our performers and our company moving forward? 

Thank You! 

------------------------------
    Sara Phillips

• 2.  RE: Performance Assessment

Posted 12-15-2015 15:20

It might be useful to know what you hope to accomplish or learn from the assessment. Do you want to boost ticket sales or workshop attendance? Learn how many students are seeing a performance for the first time because of your company? Some generic questions I've seen on evaluations like this are:

-Is this your first time seeing a play?

-What did you learn?

-What would you improve?

-Are you interested in seeing another show?

Are you performing titles based on any required reading? If so, I think it would be helpful to know how the book compared to the play, if it helped them understand the story better. Is this along the lines of what you were working on?

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY