Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Frankenstein scripts?

Posted 04-05-2017 18:26
    I am looking for a one-act (or version that can be cut to a one-act) version of Frankenstein. I would like one that stays faithful to Mary Shelley's novel. Has anyone come across a script that they especially liked?

------------------------------
    Kaye Stucky
    Brandon MS

• 2.  RE: Frankenstein scripts?

Posted 04-06-2017 06:24
    We open Victor Gialanella's 2-act tomorrow!  It honestly could be done in one-act , I think, but I wouldn't cut anything.  It's the closest to the novel from what I understand.  Your Frankenstein might get tired, but it's not a terribly long play in the first place.  We ran it last night with virtually no intermission and the thought crossed my mind that it could be done performed that way :) 

Amanda Meldrum
    Drama and Music Instructor
    Allendale Columbia School
    Rochester NY

• 3.  RE: Frankenstein scripts?

Posted 04-06-2017 07:33
    Louden County (Virginia) HIgh School did an AMAZING adaptation at the Virginia Theatre Association One-Act competition a few years ago. It was from Ygor's point of view (It's called The Trial of Ygor), so I'm not sure if it's as true to the novel that you want. They had it custom-written for them, so I'm not sure if they'd share if, but you could reach out to the drama teacher there.

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA

• 4.  RE: Frankenstein scripts?

Posted 04-07-2017 09:45
    Adapted by my predecessor.  He is very true to the original novels he adapts.  Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but worth a read.  Frankenstein published by Big Dogs

Ryan McCoy
    Director of Theatre
    Topeka West High School
    Topeka KS

• 5.  RE: Frankenstein scripts?

Posted 04-10-2017 20:00
    Eldridge Plays & Musicals
    Histage remove preview
    Eldridge Plays & Musicals
    Eldridge Plays & Musicals offers theatre plays and musicals for all occasions, featuring full-length plays, one act plays, melodramas, holiday themes, children's and full-length musicals, skits and theater collections.
    View this on Histage >

I

David Sweet
    Drama Instructor
    Corbin KY

• 6.  RE: Frankenstein scripts?

Posted 04-11-2017 18:20
    I wrote a full length adaption of the novel that is in the process of being published (shopping around).  If you'd like to take a look, I would be glad to send it to you.  I'm sure it could be cut down (I wrote it, so I love every word), so a fresh pair of eyes might do it good.  Let me know.

Jennifer Miguel
    Hampton, VA