Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Orchestra Pit Net Cover

Posted 12-08-2021 21:33
    My district is interested a getting a net cover for our orchestra pit. Anyone out there use one at your theater? Can you tell me what company installed it? The only company I can find is InCord, but I need to get multiple quotes for this project so if you can suggest others, please let me know!

------------------------------
    Stacie Morano
    Bordentown Regional High School
    NJ

• 2.  RE: Orchestra Pit Net Cover

Posted 12-09-2021 07:20
    Hi Stacie,
    We had this done several years ago.  InCord spec'd the project, but Tiffin Scenic did all the work for us.  It included installing steel D-rings to fasten the net to.

Holly

Holly Thompson
    Worthington Kilbourne High School
    OH

• 3.  RE: Orchestra Pit Net Cover

Posted 12-10-2021 05:14
    The Incord system is the defacto standard of the industry.  It is the only system that I will specify on a project.  Most purchasing systems have a way to use a "sole source", you just have to work with them to make it happen.  Glad to see you are trying to do the right thing.

If you have a removable Pit Cover (stage platforms / extension), then it is prudent to see that the net is installed in such a way that it fits tight under the platforms so you can leave-out individual platforms and the gaps will be remain protected.  It shouldn't be and either/or situation.  There are lots of staging opportunities where you may just use a few of the pit cover sections so your performance space isn't the same-old / same-old look for every show.

Erich Friend
    Theatre Consultant
    Teqniqal Systems LLC

• 4.  RE: Orchestra Pit Net Cover

Posted 12-13-2021 08:12

Incord did ours as well. We put it out for bid and they were the only ones who bid on it. A local supplier installed it to their specs. It has held up wonderfully over the years. 

~Dave

David Simpson
    Performing Arts Center Manager
    MI