Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Stage combat/Fight coordinator

Posted 09-21-2017 07:23
    I desperately need to find a stage combat/fight coordinator for my production of "Macbeth." I am located in Jefferson, GA so ideally I would like to find someone within close proximity. Also, we all know the budget battle cry so I don't have much money available to pay. 

Does anyone know of someone who could fill this role and, if so, would you please send me their contact info to single@jeffcityschools.org? Thanks so much!

------------------------------
    Stephen Ingle
    Drama Teacher
    Jefferson High School
    Jefferson, GA

• 2.  RE: Stage combat/Fight coordinator

Posted 09-22-2017 07:46
    Contact the Atlanta Workshop Players - a professional theatre training program for youth and adults.  Based in Alpharetta.  One of their founders/directors, Don Stallings, is trained in and teaches combat (hand-to-hand, as well as swords/weapons).  If Don isn't available to come work with you, they may be able to recommend other choreographers in the region.  

If they don't work out, and I can squeeze it into my schedule, send me a message and maybe I can work out a time to come work with you and your kids.

--Break a Leg!

The Atlanta Workshop Players
    AWP Acting Studio
    Barefoot Playhouse
    8560 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite 111
    Alpharetta, GA 30022
    AWP Hotline: 770-998-8111
    info@AtlantaWorkshopPlayers.com
      Atlanta Workshop Players - Changing the World One Audience at a Time
    Newawp remove preview
    Atlanta Workshop Players - Changing the World One Audience at a Time
    Who we are: The Atlanta Workshop Players is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit, family-friendly Performing Arts Company and Film School Conservatory. Our Story. What we do: AWP provides professional-level training to challenge and inspire diverse people through extraordinary productions in a joyful, supportive, non-competitive atmosphere. Our Classes.
    View this on Newawp >
    Contact Us - Atlanta Workshop Players

Josh Ruben, M. Ed.
    Fine Arts Head
    Northwest Whitfield HS (dba, The Northwest Theatre Co.)
    Tunnel Hill, GA

• 3.  RE: Stage combat/Fight coordinator

Posted 09-22-2017 13:45
    I will PM you as well, but this is good info that more people may need.  

I would start by contacting David Sterritt.  He is the Southeast Region Rep for the Society of American Fight Directors.  This is the largest group in the USA that trains and certifies stage combat.  (full disclosure: I am a member so I am biased.) 

He would know members in your area that may be able to help.   David's email is seregrep@safd.org.

I also know of a few in GA:  
    Scott Mann at Mercer University mann_sj@mercer.edu
    Michelle Ladd hrhmladd@gmail.com
    A.J. Gagliardi alex.j.gagliardi@gmail.com

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Jeremy Riggs
    Director of Theatre
    Blue Valley North
    bvntheatre.org