Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  HELP! How do I create a "simple" AmnioTank set piece (or three?)

Posted 04-17-2017 11:42
    Hi everyone! In two weeks, we'll be putting on "A Spare Me" by A. Rey Pamatmat. For this futuristic play, we need three contraptions that house human clones. Does anyone have any ideas of very simple construction for these pieces? I am woefully inept when it comes to fixing and making things, and we don't have anyone who has the time or skill set to make these, so Im'ma have to do it ma' self!

• 2.  RE: HELP! How do I create a "simple" AmnioTank set piece (or three?)

Posted 04-18-2017 07:06
    Can you get someone to take photos of people underwater (probably need a very clear pool and lots of lights) in the poses you want them in, then photoshop them to look how you want, enlarge them and then find refrigerator sized boxes (home depot, lowes?) and then paste the photos on the boxes?

------------------------------
    Jared Wright
    Thomaston GA

• 3.  RE: HELP! How do I create a "simple" AmnioTank set piece (or three?)

Posted 04-18-2017 08:27
    I agree with maybe large fridge boxes. You can also buy like full body paint suites off amazon or probably home depot and stuff them and then suspend them in the box with an open front and then light them, either from above down inside, or put some sort of battery light underneath and light them from below.  You can obviously paint the box or add stuff to the box to make it look for technical. Even a smaller box attached to the side to look like a control screen.  

If you want more than cardboard, you can build the boxes out of wood too. 

Dan Mellitz
    Technical Director
    St Andrews School
    Barrington, RI

• 4.  RE: HELP! How do I create a "simple" AmnioTank set piece (or three?)

Posted 04-20-2017 12:46
    Another thought would be to use those moving lights (in the boxes) you get at Halloween and Christmas.

Jared Wright
    Thomaston GA

• 5.  RE: HELP! How do I create a "simple" AmnioTank set piece (or three?)

Posted 04-21-2017 17:40
    Thank you so much, you guys, for the suggestions! I consulted with some of my more technically minded students, and they came up with a frame made out of PVC pipe and walls of plastic sheeting (the actors have to be in them). It's a frightfully minimalist set, so these should work out. Thanks for brainstorming with me!

Autumn Gonzales
    Certified Teacher
    Estacada School District
    Portland OR