Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Increasing participation in ITS/EdTA?

Posted 09-09-2013 17:24
    Hi again!

Another question/conversation came up at our MN board meeting last night about which we would love some advice and feedback.

As mentioned before, the MN Chapter has been growing steadily over the last few years. When we started, there were only a few adults on the board and the primary concern was planning the annual conference. We are now quite a bit bigger and are starting to talk about our message/image beyond the conference. In other words, how do we increase participation/buy-in for the organization as a whole? 

We are wondering if any of you have any advice, thoughts, or documents to share regarding this question. When you talk to other educators or other students about becoming a member of EdTA or ITS, how do you do it? What's your 5-minute elevator speech? Do you have recruiting materials you send out? 

We would love any thoughts, ideas, or advice as we move forward with defining our message.

Thanks everyone! See you herein a few short weeks!

-------------------------------------------
    Jennifer (Farrell) Dinndorf
    Chaska High School, Chaska, MN

• 2.  RE:Increasing participation in ITS/EdTA?

Posted 09-10-2013 09:50
    Hi, Jennifer

I work with chapters on specific recruitment efforts, and I'd be happy to help you, too!  We can provide prospect packets, brochures, sample cover letters, and other materials.  We can send them to you or send them on your behalf as needed.  We can tailor them to educators, students, administrators, PTO's, etc.  Just give me a call at 513.977.5561 or contact me with some specific goals or ideas, and we'll make it happen.

Brian Benz
    Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 3.  RE:Increasing participation in ITS/EdTA?

Posted 09-10-2013 13:09
    Don't forget about the resources in the Leadership Toolbox! In the Communications/Marketing section you will find a "Meet EdTA" video, "What is Edta?" Powerpoint presentation, and a one page document that covers our mission and strategies (EdTA mission at a glance). These resources should make it easy for you to begin sharing information with potential members.

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association