Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Finding Other Sponsors?

Posted 05-24-2018 10:10

Hi,
    My school is looking to host a local festival.  I am looking for the contact information for the Troupe sponsors at nearby schools.  Does anyone know if there is an easy way to find this information?  Every school's website is different and I am having trouble locating nearby sponsors.
    Thanks!

Amber​

------------------------------
    Amber Hugus
    Harmony PA

• 2.  RE: Finding Other Sponsors?

Posted 05-24-2018 21:01
    I have found websites to be little to no help. If you have a list of the schools, just call them directly and then create an email chain.

---------------------------------
    Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ
    ---------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Finding Other Sponsors?

Posted 05-25-2018 07:59
    Contact the Chapter Director of Pennsylvania Thespians and see if they can help you. 
    http://www.pathespians.org/

Dianne Rowe
    Birmingham AL

• 4.  RE: Finding Other Sponsors?

Posted 05-25-2018 08:09

Hi, Amber -

I am also a troupe in PA.  And I have a new position for the PA Thespians board that deals with membership... we're still working on what that exactly means for the long-term ... but please feel free to email me directly, and we can talk about some PA logistics.  Our state is so large, that being "close" to someone else may not mean the same thing as in other states.  Much of our membership is close to Philadelphia, but we do have others, of course, from all over! 

I admit that I'll have to look at a map to see where Harmony, PA is -but I'm in Lancaster County (south-central) - "Amish country" ;-)
    Let's chat soon!
    Missy

Melissa Mintzer
    Willow Street PA

• 5.  RE: Finding Other Sponsors?

Posted 05-25-2018 12:05
    Hi, Amber

There are two main ways to search for troupes at schooltheatre.org. the Active Troupe List is available to the public, and the EdTA Member / ITS Troupe Directory is only available to logged-in members.

To access the Active Troupe list, click on Membership in the main navigation bar, then click on Active troupe list in the drop down menu. This tool will help a family find and choose a school that has an active ITS troupe, but it doesn't include troupe director contact information.

To access the member directory, log in to schooltheatre.org, then click on the Troupe Business or My Account link when it appears at top right. This will take you to your troupe or personal member dashboard page. On the dashboard menu bar, click on Directory to open the EdTA Member / ITS Troupe Directory. You can search a number of different ways, and the results will include contact information if available.

I hope this helps!

Brian Benz
    Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association