Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-14-2019 20:26
    I am looking at 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' for the fall as a one-act--can you steer me toward the BEST one-act cutting? There are SO MANY out there!! I want one that has the original language, please.

------------------------------
    Andrea Rassler
    Concord NC

• 2.  RE: One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-14-2019 20:59
    I ended up doing my own - it didn't take that long and then I don't have to pay royalties. its also a GREAT way to get to know the script really well. :)
    Happy to share mine with you - if you like it then maybe I'll put it out there for others :)

Ashley Bishop
    Teacher
    Birmingham AL

• 3.  RE: One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-15-2019 06:54
    Please do share, yes! You may send it via email: andrea.rassler@cabarrus.k12.nc.us. Appreciate the opportunity to look at it!

Andrea Rassler
    Concord NC

• 4.  RE: One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-16-2019 11:15
    Hey Ashley, would you mind sharing this with me as well? My email is caity.schneeman@kippdc.org. We are considering Midsummer for our fall show.

Thank you!
    Caity

Caity Schneeman
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    KIPP DC
    Washington DC

• 5.  RE: One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-17-2019 09:52
    ​Caity, You should contact the Folger Library in D.C. I am a teacher member and I live 800 miles away.  To answer the Midsummer question, we are using 30 Minute Shakespeare.  You can pay for one and download it for your entire class.  It has original language, which I am glad to find, but is greatly condensed.

Valerie Scott
    Drama Teacher/Director
    Perimeter School
    Johns Creek, Ga

• 6.  RE: One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-15-2019 09:10
    I just sent you the one we did this last year. It ran about 45 minutes.

Jessica Sturm
    Kerrville TX

• 7.  RE: One-Act 'Midsummer'

Posted 04-17-2019 21:11
    There is an excellent set of One Act versions of Shakespeare plays available from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival Education Department.  They are original language but edited for length.  They run about an hour each and were edited by Hilary Tate of OSF.  They have  Midsummer, Macbeth, Winter's Tale. All's Well, Cymbeline, R & J and Hamlet.  Great resources that are available electronically if you contact them.

Blair Cromwell
    Rickreall OR